(Archived) Physician who would love to use EN to document patient visits

How great would it be? If only HIPAA would allow us to do this. The nature of the notes, pictures, audio, free text and documents: We would never forget another patient.

I know this sounds terribly unrealistic, but then again, with all the encryption and general safety of EN's data storage?

I'd love it and welcome any thoughts.

• Level 5*

How great would it be? If only HIPAA would allow us to do this. The nature of the notes, pictures, audio, free text and documents: We would never forget another patient.

I know this sounds terribly unrealistic, but then again, with all the encryption and general safety of EN's data storage?

I'd love it and welcome any thoughts.

Hi. I think it would be great, and the security requirements would also be appreciated in non-HIPAA environments by other users as well. However, I doubt it will happen.

In the February 4, 2011 Evernote Podcast #25 “Big. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!,” the top folks at Evernote say they have no plans to do it, because it would require too much work. I've got a complete list of the podcasts here:

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=455

However, there are some ways it might still be useful for medical practitioners.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/15231-evernote-for-medics/

jvv1001001 - I'm not sure what you are asking / wanting to do.

Are you saying that you want to include information you create about your patients on your handheld device and the HIPAA law make this illegal?

Or are you saying you want to include all the information in a patient's chart on your handheld device? That strikes me as impractical, if not ineffective. First, the size of a patients charts can be huge (hundreds of pages) and likely exceed the storage capacity and speed of current handhelds. Second, other medical professionals (doctors, nurses, etc.) add information to patient charts. How would you know what they said about one of your patients? How could you keep up to date on all your patients?

Archived