(Archived) Evernote 5.4 Beta 1

pgdahl

Idea

I am surprised to announce that I really like the new implementation of the markup feature. Being able to bypass Skitch is absolutely a game changer. My only issue is that it does not save settings (say, colour and thickness of all the things). They seem to revert to the default thick, pink when moving on to annotate another image/note. Also, there's a slight bug with the annotation pop up:

Sk%C3%A6rmbillede%202013-09-24%20kl.%201

BTW: Why is there no public announcement thread of this beta? You do want feedback, right?

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I'm pretty sure this is covered by your NDA and so you shouldn't be posting about it in the main forum.

(Apologies, I moved it to the wrong forum and so you may need a couple of jumps to get here).

• Level 5*

I'm pretty sure this is covered by your NDA and so you shouldn't be posting about it in the main forum.

(Apologies, I moved it to the wrong forum and so you may need a couple of jumps to get here).

Nope. This one is public. I confirmed it. We'll get a notice next time there is a private one. I know, it is confusing -- that's why I asked a couple days ago.

I would never sign an NDA. That way, I can talk freely about what I know without getting things confused.

PGD, what OS are you using?

OS X 10.8.5

PGD, what is your system language set to?

Danish.

Edit: Oh, I realise there's already been a fix to this in 5.4 beta 2, so my response was too late. Glad you managed anyway.

Edit2: I mean ... the weird text in the popup menu. I still have to change color settings every time I annotate a new note. Would you consider changing the default? Pink is not the most practical colour.

Archived