(Archived) Evernote PIN lock

Astronote

Hi,

I am an evernote user Premium, and I find very useful the PIN lock.

In this video (iphone version), I see that is possible to set the time for request the PIN lock (Immediately, after 1 minute, after 5 minutes, ...).

But on my android phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) I can't do it.

Any suggest?

Thanks

Luigi

• Level 5*

Galaxy S3's and above are Samsung's bid for the business phone market,  so the phones themselves are 1) password-lockable and 2) encryptable (although the encryption comes with a health warning from savvy users).  I suggest more study of the phone's capabilities...

Galaxy S3's and above are Samsung's bid for the business phone market,  so the phones themselves are 1) password-lockable and 2) encryptable (although the encryption comes with a health warning from savvy users).  I suggest more study of the phone's capabilities...

Hi gazumped,

thanks for reply but I don't understand your answer. Maybe it's my fault because I forgot to link the video.

I can set the Evernote PIN lock on my phone, but I can't change the time for request PIN (Immediately, after 1 minute, after 5 minutes, ...) as I have seen on this video

Luigi

I use the PIN Lock feature on Evernote on Android on a few devices. There are some aspects that I find annoying. Mainly, I am frequently asked to re-enter my PIN code during a single session, when moving from screen to screen. I don't see how that should be by design. I would also like to see some additional configuration options for this feature, such as the ability to remove the PIN code requirement when connected to certain specified WiFi networks, and a time limit to prevent being reprompted within x minutes of having entered the PIN unless I have exited the application.

• Level 5

In other news gazumped lets his granddaughter play angry birds on his phone.  While he returns to the kitchen to refill his coffee, she gets bored and looks for other games.  "ooh what's the green elephant game?"  [pushes trashcan icon multple times], shares other notes with random people from the contacts... etc.

Device pin and encryption keep out those you don't trust.  Evernote PIN keeps out those you do trust.  And lets you fulfill your obligations to keep company/client sensitive data privite without having to be obsessively exclusive with your phone for every second.

• Level 5

Hi gazumped,

thanks for reply but I don't understand your answer. Maybe it's my fault because I forgot to link the video.

I can set the Evernote PIN lock on my phone, but I can't change the time for request PIN (Immediately, after 1 minute, after 5 minutes, ...) as I have seen on this video

Not to state the obvious, but the video is of the iPhone.  The Android client was written as a separate process, perhaps by different folks.  There isn't 100% feature parity between all clients on different mobile and desktop operating systems.

Archived