(Archived) Reminder for Android, not for PC?

Hi,

I am looking for a comprehensive note/appointments/program I can access form home, school, and my phone. Evernote is tempting, but the lack of a reminder/deadline/calendar is pretty much deal-breaker for me. I need the ability to look at what is due NOW, and what is due in the future. Evernote added a reminder feature for the Android about a month ago, but apparently not only does not have said feature for note creation on the PC, but that field gets nullified when viewing on the PC.

Am I missing something? Is there a valid work-around?

I hate Outlook, but I will use something I hate that does what I need over using something I like that doesn't do what I need.

Thanks!

• Level 5*

Reminders are apparently going to be in Windows V5 which is in beta at the moment - although the current beta does not include this functionality.

Based on the Mac app, it's a very lightweight implementation at the moment.

I am just a little amazed that this appears to be a main feature (calendar style reminders) that a lot of people want in Evernote, and they seem to be dragging their feet with it. 

The power of Evernote is great, but if I miss appointments/deadlines because my primary PIM system doesn't have a calendar, that will be bad.

I am just a little amazed that this appears to be a main feature (calendar style reminders) that a lot of people want in Evernote, and they seem to be dragging their feet with it. 

The power of Evernote is great, but if I miss appointments/deadlines because my primary PIM system doesn't have a calendar, that will be bad.

FYI, EN is not a reminder/task manager/calendar system.  Nor does it strive to be.  If you're missing appointments/deadlines, you should look at another app that is designed for that.

• Level 5*

I guess it's up to Evernote to decide what the main features are.

Personally, I have absolutely no interest in using Evernote for Reminders or a Calendar - there are other dedicated and more powerful applications for that. 

Horses for courses I guess.

Any idea when V5 will be out of beta? I can really use the reminders feature. The way it works on the web version is good enough for what I need, so I hope Windows V5 will be like it.

It's public beta, if you'd care to be a tester.  Otherwise, there is no way to know when it will go out of beta.  EN does not publish ETAs.  It will get there when they feel it's ready.

I guess it's up to Evernote to decide what the main features are.

Personally, I have absolutely no interest in using Evernote for Reminders or a Calendar - there are other dedicated and more powerful applications for that. 

Horses for courses I guess.

Any suggestions? Something that works on the PC and the Android? I have Outlook Live already, and do not like having my database subject to the whims of others. 

• Level 5*

Evernote is hardly 'dragging their feet'; they *are* working hard on getting an updated UI out for V5. The new UI has been planned/scheduled for some time, whereas reminders are relatively new to the Evernote ecosystem. Reminders will come.

The way you use 'PIM' doesn't really jibe with the way that I use it. I wouldn't even call Evernote with reminders a PIM.

Any suggestions? Something that works on the PC and the Android? I have Outlook Live already, and do not like having my database subject to the whims of others.

Do you mean another product entirely?

Evernote is hardly 'dragging their feet'; they *are* working hard on getting an updated UI out for V5. The new UI has been planned/scheduled for some time, whereas reminders are relatively new to the Evernote ecosystem. Reminders will come.

The way you use 'PIM' doesn't really jibe with the way that I use it. I wouldn't even call Evernote with reminders a PIM.

Do you mean another product entirely?

Well, dragging their feet is not the right phrase. I simply don't think they believe that calendar/reminder/appointment functionality is something which they feel meshes with Evernote's "feel". In fact, I downloaded the latest beta, and it is not in there, so, yes, I am looking for a good "other product" PIM/Calendar which spans Android  and either Chrome or Windows platforms. If such ever comes to Evernote, then I will probably adopt it for calendar functions. Until such time, I guess I will continue to use it to store random data.  

• Level 5*

Well, dragging their feet is not the right phrase. I simply don't think they believe that calendar/reminder/appointment functionality is something which they feel meshes with Evernote's "feel".

Actually, they've pledged to put reminders into the Windows product, but getting past the UI update appears to be their higher priority. Reminders are in most other clients at this time.

In fact, I downloaded the latest beta, and it is not in there, so, yes, I am looking for a good "other product" PIM/Calendar which spans Android  and either Chrome or Windows platforms. If such ever comes to Evernote, then I will probably adopt it for calendar functions. Until such time, I guess I will continue to use it to store random data.

At this point, I don't see Evernote as having much more than a lightweight reminder system for the immediate future.

Archived