(Archived) special characters - whether Windows or Mac

guycruls

Hello,

I use Evernote in Window Vista and Windows 7 quite a bit.

I often need to insert special characters but never try, because the facility doesn't seem to be there.

Isn't it time we had a shortcut in the toolbar?

Click icon in toolbar and dialog pops up showing most common special characters.

Surely not such a tall order, technically?

Thanks

Guy

Hello,

I use Evernote in Window Vista and Windows 7 quite a bit.

I often need to insert special characters but never try, because the facility doesn't seem to be there.

Isn't it time we had a shortcut in the toolbar?

Click icon in toolbar and dialog pops up showing most common special characters.

Thanks

Guy

Also, you can either use the keystrokes for the characters (like typing alt-0171 for «) or use something like Autohotkey (free)/Activewords (free and pay versions) to plug in the keystrokes. 

• Level 5*

Possibly not,  but Evernote have a lot of users to support,  operate on multiple platforms and dozens of languages,  and already have a full calendar of updates and upgrades that will probably last until 2020.  Fitting even a small change into the programme (unless it's already been scheduled there) is kind've like interrupting the countdown to an Apollo launch with "Guys - why don't we go to Mars this time instead..."

There have been lots of calls for upgrades to the note editor though - maybe there's something in the pipeline.

thanks to jefito, burgersnfries and gazumped for feedback.

I like your feedback jefito - I've added the character map to my start menu and task bar and that's a huge improvement already. 

burgersnfries - too obscure for me I'm afraid!

gazumped - fingers crossed for that upgrade, uh?

have a great weekend everyone!

Archived