(Archived) Using tags with the Import Folder

I'm new to Evernote but have been doing a lot of reading. I presume that if one uses an Import Folder to get PDFs into EN from a Windows computer, then one has to then go in and manually tag each PDF thereafter? If so, I am just wondering how people do this. Do you link the Import Folder to a specific "holding" notebook that will contain all the untagged files awaiting tagging? Or something else? Thanks in advance. 

• Level 5*

Do you link the Import Folder to a specific "holding" notebook that will contain all the untagged files awaiting tagging? Or something else? Thanks in advance.

This is exactly what I do.
  • 7 months later...

Do you link the Import Folder to a specific "holding" notebook that will contain all the untagged files awaiting tagging? Or something else? Thanks in advance.

Just out of curiosity, how do you link an import folder to a specific Notebook? Or even a specific account if you have multiple singn-ins on your household computer, for that matter? Or both? When I add an import folder it doesn't exactly present options to choose where that import goes. :*(

• Level 5*

Just out of curiosity, how do you link an import folder to a specific Notebook? Or even a specific account if you have multiple singn-ins on your household computer, for that matter? Or both? When I add an import folder it doesn't exactly present options to choose where that import goes. :*(
In the Windows client, you set it up using Tools / Import Folders. Click on the Add button to select a folder to import from, and set the notebook associated with that folder. This is on a per-account basis.

Thanks! : ) I was...not sure one could, and realize there's a violation of good design principle here: the select-folders option lacks a cue to tell you it's more than information, but a variable option. Thanks for inducing me to click...and I'll see about making a suggestion to the good folks working at Evernote.

Archived