(Archived) Citations

Hi Sammiedv,

I just posted a reply to a similar topic in another discussion thread. The link to the discussion is below in case you are interested in looking at it. I use Zotero for citation management. It is very powerful, but searching and note taking abilities are limited. It would be great to see an integration between the two. But I do agree with the comment by jbenson2 about keeping Evernote focused on what it does best.

Amie

• Level 5*

Hi Sammiedv,

I just posted a reply to a similar topic in another discussion thread. The link to the discussion is below in case you are interested in looking at it. I use Zotero for citation management. It is very powerful, but searching and note taking abilities are limited. It would be great to see an integration between the two. But I do agree with the comment by jbenson2 about keeping Evernote focused on what it does best.

Amie

http://discussion.ev...te/page__st__20

Thanks for the post and for sharing your Zotero workflow.

I also don't want Evernote to stick its hand into citations, because it is a messy business, even with the established players in the field. In fact, for my sources, no one gets it right, and at best, they do an OK job (Asian language materials with translated titles, and all sorts of other idiosyncrasies that always require revision by hand). It is a relatively small market, with high expectations for performance across many disciplines, low tolerance for formatting issues, and probably not terribly useful for most people over the long term (after university).

Here is my workflow with citations / bibliographies.

Archived