(Archived) Grading with Evernote

I'm looking for a little help in integrating Evernote in my classroom. I have used OneNote in the past, so I'm trying to convert my practice to Evernote because of the power of this program.

Currently, my students send me their papers via email. I collect and grade them in OneNote. I have a tablet laptop (HP EliteBook), so I use the stylus to annotate their papers. I'm looking for a way to do this using Evernote. It would be much more efficicient if I could write on their papers that they can submit through their shared Notebooks. I can't figure it out in Evernote. Skitch looks like it is only for Macs. Is this even possible? There are so many other things that I can use Evernote for, so I would like to use one program for all.

Thank you for any advice.

• 5 months later...

I am a high school teacher trying to go paperless and whenever I get a burst of energy I will scan an entire set of class assignments or tests and dump the pdf into the associated notebook. Sadly it is proving very difficult to get work electronically so I am forced to collect stacks of paper. I haven't yet made the jump to doing the marking on my iPad but I am finding it useful to keep sample documents for my classes. It is a nuisance to move any staples but there' no helping that. I put all the papers in alphabetical order by student so I can zip through the file easily to locate a particular kid easily.

Every year it seems I am challenged on the score of a test or quiz and the ability to go back and check my records is huge.

• Level 5*

I am a high school teacher trying to go paperless and whenever I get a burst of energy I will scan an entire set of class assignments or tests and dump the pdf into the associated notebook. Sadly it is proving very difficult to get work electronically so I am forced to collect stacks of paper. I haven't yet made the jump to doing the marking on my iPad but I am finding it useful to keep sample documents for my classes. It is a nuisance to move any staples but there' no helping that. I put all the papers in alphabetical order by student so I can zip through the file easily to locate a particular kid easily.

Every year it seems I am challenged on the score of a test or quiz and the ability to go back and check my records is huge.

Hi. Welcome to the forums!

I use scissors and just cut off the staple in the corner. I scan all of my papers if students hand in hard copies, but usually ask for them to send assignments in PDF form (some do it in Word, but this can easily be converted). I mark up everything on the iPad using GoodNotes, record the grade, and email the student. If you want to keep it in Evernote, you could bcc yourself sending the work to your Evernote account. Consistent titles (I use yymmdd + student name + assignment number) will help keep it all straight. I haven't carried papers around with me for years now, and don't miss it a bit :)

I was actually trying to go the other way, that is use OneNote more for class related note storage and Evernote for everything else. I think ON may be better for me to organize my lectures and inclass exercises by course and then preserve gradebooks per semester. Maybe I'm wrong.

I imagine if you do a lot of sharing notebooks with students, then EN is best because it crosses all tthe platforms that students might be using...ipads, android, etc.

That said I too ask students to submit papers electronically by email or via BlackBoard. On my android tablet, I import the PDF into an app called LectureNotes and mark it up with my stylus. I can then email the annotated PDF to the student. I use the Lenovo thinkpad tablet, but the Samsung note 10.1 is what I would get next. If i were to switch to a windows tablet, I'd have to rethink the ON versus EN decision.

Archived