EN for Engineers/Project Managers...

Junto

I suspect that bits and pieces of the application I'd like to address can be found in many of the forums (Organization, GTD, Productivity, etc), but perhaps there is one forum that most specifically addresses my application. As an engineer who tracks projects (design, scoping, demolition, installation, and eventual operation) I would like to use a "template" that could be populated and delivered to the ultimate customer. For example, if I were renovating a house with a new layout, drawings, appliances, etc, I'd like to deliver a comprehensive package of before/after photos, maintenance manuals, logs, etc.

What would be the best forum in which to kick around these ideas?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I suspect that bits and pieces of the application I'd like to address can be found in many of the forums (Organization, GTD, Productivity, etc), but perhaps there is one forum that most specifically addresses my application. As an engineer who tracks projects (design, scoping, demolition, installation, and eventual operation) I would like to use a "template" that could be populated and delivered to the ultimate customer. For example, if I were renovating a house with a new layout, drawings, appliances, etc, I'd like to deliver a comprehensive package of before/after photos, maintenance manuals, logs, etc.

What would be the best forum in which to kick around these ideas?

Thanks.

Hi Junto, am not sure either where to look, but in case your interested I have recently reviewd the way I do projects my self and came up with a project master note template that I think should help me. My projects are more IT oriented but I tried to setup a template that could work in any type of project.

The template goes something like this:

1. Project Description

2. Organizing

2.1. People

2.2. Tools Sites Services

3. Plan, Milestones, Tasks, Progress

3.1. Official

3.2. Working

4. Documentation

4.1 Official Docs

4.2 Other Docs (Supporting)

5. Notes

5.1. General Notes

5.2. Questions n Answers

5.3 Research

6. Log

I wrote more on this at http://gieglas.com/7...note-template/.

If you or anyone else for that matter have any comments on the template, I would appreciate it greatly.

Archived