(Archived) A personal thank you to Evernote!

Doesn’t the word note imply TEXT not GRAPHIC? How stupid are the creators of evernote?

Working on a HUGH project that I’m now 5 days behind on. All because I can’t put this into a REAL writing program. Not everyone I know has this program, and dd*mn sure doesn’t want it! So how do they edit the project? Well, they don’t! So what does that make this program? A worthless piece of sh*t!

But hey, THANKS A LOT for wasting all of my time!

Anyone have any ideas on how to retype 50,000 (or so) in 2 days? Don’t say email it to your self… I tried that with yahoo and google mail… what do you know…. Its still a stupid graphic. But don’t you worry Evernote, keep thinking you great or something. I mean really my problem with trusting doesn’t effect your job a bit. That whole of going on the web and doing a copy paste… yeah, you guessed it. Worthless piece of sh*t is still a graphic.

What do you know, been at this since 10:00 p.m. Nows its 6:00 am, work in two hours. How I can’t ******* wait for that that!

Just so the dumb a*s that created this piece of craps knows. A NOTE IS DONE IN TEXT. You should rename you piece of sh*t to EVERGRAPHIC!

• Level 5*

Doesn’t the word note imply TEXT not GRAPHIC? How stupid are the creators of evernote?

Working on a HUGH project that I’m now 5 days behind on. All because I can’t put this into a REAL writing program. Not everyone I know has this program, and dd*mn sure doesn’t want it! So how do they edit the project? Well, they don’t! So what does that make this program? A worthless piece of sh*t!

Anyone have any ideas on how to retype 50,000 (or so) in 2 days? Don’t say email it to your self… I tried that with yahoo and google mail… what do you know…. Its still a stupid graphic. But don’t you worry Evernote, keep thinking you great or something. I mean really my problem with trusting doesn’t effect your job a bit. That whole of going on the web and doing a copy paste… yeah, you guessed it. Worthless piece of sh*t is still a graphic.

What do you know, been at this since 10:00 p.m. Nows its 6:00 am, work in two hours. How I can’t f*cking wait for that that!

Just so the dumb a*s that created this piece of craps knows. A NOTE IS DONE IN TEXT. You should rename you piece of sh*t to EVERGRAPHIC!

How I would love to smash in the faces of the creators of this MAJOR F*CKING LIE of a program!

Hi. Welcome to the forums! I am sorry, but you are burning up on re-entry, and your message was garbled.

Evernote does use text. In fact, all I have in Evernote is text. Text easily moves in and out. Notebooks can easily be shared and edited. I think that if you spell out your problem a little differently, we might be able to help out.

• Level 5*

Sorry that you've fallen behind on your huge project because you picked a tool that wasn't appropriate for it. You might want to move on to Microsoft's OneGraphic OneNote product instead.

What do you know, been at this since 10:00 p.m. Nows its 6:00 am, work in two hours. How I can’t f*cking wait for that that!

How I would love to smash in the faces of the creators of this MAJOR F*CKING LIE of a program!

Sounds like someone didn't do their due diligence to see what app would work for their project. Kinda difficult to even figure out what the complaint is b/c the post is rather unintelligible. One would hope OP did a better job researching his "HUGH" project.

What do you know, been at this since 10:00 p.m. Nows its 6:00 am, work in two hours. How I can’t ******* wait for that that!

Dear HUGH project,

Have you ever seen Stranger than Fiction? It's a comedy starring Will Ferrell from a few years back (2006, IMBD tells me). The main character Harold suddenly finds a narrator describing his everyday life as his lives it. A voice only he can hear, narrates his actions and thoughts. The narrator isn't speaking to him, but rather as Harold describes it, the voice is speaking, "About me. Accurately. With a better vocabulary." He tries talking back, but it seems to be a one way broadcast... and that only further confuses his coworkers and those around him. They can't hear the voice and have no idea what is going on. Harold spends the rest of the movie trying to figure out what is happening and what to do about it.

I don't bring this up to compare you to Harold. I don't think you're hearing voices or anything crazy like that but rather, I'd like to compare us, the people of the forums, to Harold's coworkers. We're oh so confused.

We're confused because notes in Evernote are, as you've put it, "DONE IN TEXT." We actually can't seem to make Evernote turn things into graphics like you can. It sounds like you have some awkward version of the Midas touch. We can type out notes without them turning into graphics. We can email notes to ourselves or others without them turning them into graphics. We can copy/paste text without it turning into graphics. (As a side note, if you have others in your project who want to edit, but don't want to download Evernote, they can use our Web Client).

I don't doubt that you're angry, exasperated and you've hit some sort of horrendous problem at the worst possible time. I know it must seem completely obvious to you, but to us, the people you've reached out to and ranted to, it seems stranger than fiction.

Would love to help,

People of the forums

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this thread and thought of you. Perhaps you're also using OneNote?

It's also a great example of how giving us a few details makes it much easier for us to help you. spg SCOTT gives this great tip:

In my testing however, there is a work around:
Paste as Text

This should be seen in the right click menu in EN or by pressing
Ctrl + Shift + V

Hope this helps!

Archived