(Archived) HELP: Ideas on group communication/storing info?

• Level 5*

We have a team that the 3 managers need to have available access to all communication from the team members regarding customers, but they don't need to be involved in the communication. Right now, their solution is to have all team members (11 of them) cc the 3 managers. Seems wildly inefficient to me.

I've thought about using Evernote as this repository, but there is no way to get it to go to a specific notebook without tagging the subject line. If there was a way to send emails to notebookname.username.randomstuff@evernote.com that would work perfectly as that just gets set up as a contact. The tagging thing is holding it up.

I looked for a way to include IFTTT in this but it would require everyone on the team to have an IFTTT account, and the project begins to look like a Rube Goldberg machine.

Of course, EN might not be the best solution either, so any comments with or without EN being in it are welcome.

• Level 5*

If the 3 managers are just looking, then they don't need anything fancier than read access to an Evernote account. The trick is to get emails into the 'right' notebook. Emails BCC'd to the Evernote email address of an account get added to the default notebook. Add "#existingtagname" to the subject line and they get tagged. So -

1. mail your customer with "#<tag>" at the end of the subject line. If you don't want to use the customer's name, use a code. Just make sure the tag already exists in the central account.
  2. share the default Evernote notebook with your managers
  3. they view the database, and sort by relevant tag
  4. Roberto is your exuberant continental uncle.

• Level 5*

Yeah, I know how the tagging works, as stated in the OP, but it will be impossible to retrain a dozen people to tag replies when sending. Heck, I don't even bother myself since I usually forget or it introduces a weird subject line for others on the email.

I've done more searching and this is turning out to be a surprisingly difficult thing to figure out.

• Level 5

How about just setting up a new Evernote account.

Everyone would just bcc to that account's email address?

The 3 managers could share the appropriate notebook.

I think the 3 managers and possibly the new Evernote account would have to be premium, but that is just a guess on my part.

How about just setting up a new Evernote account.

Everyone would just bcc to that account's email address?

The 3 managers could share the appropriate notebook.

I think the 3 managers and possibly the new Evernote account would have to be premium, but that is just a guess on my part.

Great suggestion jbenson! I think this is the best solution. However, I doubt that the managers or the new account would need premium since EdH states that they only need access to the communication. Free accounts can share notebooks as "view only".
  • Level 5*

That is certainly a possible solution and I'll investigate. As Blake states, view only works, but I think we'll hit the 50MB limit pretty quickly since many of these email have file(s) attached. The dept. manager already has a premium account, so space wasn't a consideration. We can do free, and if it works, shouldn't be too hard to justify $50.

Archived