Casual Exercise Tips

So I've recently started exercising some. Trouble is I've never exercised before so I'm pretty much just doing push-ups and sit-ups. I was wondering if you guys had any advice on other stuff I can easily do at my house.

[Moderated: Please do not post spam. Interesting topic, though, and Evernote is a good platform for keeping track of ideas and workouts. Let's turn this spam into a real thread!]

• Level 5*

So I've recently started exercising some. Trouble is I've never exercised before so I'm pretty much just doing push-ups and sit-ups. I was wondering if you guys had any advice on other stuff I can easily do at my house.

[Moderated: Please do not post spam. Interesting topic, though, and Evernote is a good platform for keeping track of ideas and workouts. Let's turn this spam into a real thread!]

One thing I like to do is yoga in the mornings. A few sun salutations and an eclectic mix of Ashtanga and Iyengar is nice before the morning commute (biking).

Less is more, just a few push-ups and sit-ups, but everyday, is a very good practise! Furthermore, you keep being motivated to do it, whereas 30 or 50 are just difficult to do.

Walking is good too, and one day, running.

What about tracking it in EN with more than a tag : a notebook, to have it every days before your eyes?

interesting topic.

• Level 5*

Less is more, just a few push-ups and sit-ups, but everyday, is a very good practise! Furthermore, you keep being motivated to do it, whereas 30 or 50 are just difficult to do.

Walking is good too, and one day, running.

What about tracking it in EN with more than a tag : a notebook, to have it every days before your eyes?

interesting topic.

Good advice. A little every day is the way to go. As for me, just writing it down seems to encourage me to eat better and work out more. When I have a place in my journal for workouts, but have nothing to write, I get up and start doing something so that I don't have to leave the space empty :)

Posted · Hidden by charboyd, September 18, 2014 - off topic threads
Hidden by charboyd, September 18, 2014 - off topic threads

Pick up the August Issue of I THINK Mens Fitness if you can find it. It had a whole section dedicated to situations like yours with some really cool workouts you can do while in a shirt and tie in short bursts to keep things going while in an office atmosphere.

We had a Fitness Challenge back in February which was pretty fun for people. http://blog.evernote.com/2012/02/10/announcing-the-30-day-fitness-challenge/

We will be starting another challenge this month as well!!

Finally, that's what I do as a profession. I work with people around the world to help them figure out what's the best stuff to do for their goals. Even if they just work out at home. You can check out my services here: http://anthrophysique.com/our-services/

• 1 month later...
Posted · Hidden by charboyd, September 18, 2014 - offtopic threads
Hidden by charboyd, September 18, 2014 - offtopic threads

the only I can think of that might help is shadow boxing. Since it's not that hard on your body(joints and muscles), you can probably do this everyday without it effecting you. Plus you get better at boxing(incase a computer gets out of control)

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived