(Archived) QUESTION: Difference between "Copy Note Link" and "Copy Share URL to Clipboard"?

llbean

Idea

Can anyone explain the difference between using the "Copy Note Link" function versus "Copy Share URL to Clipboard"? I'm guessing the later is visible to all.

Also, what I'd like to do is paste a few Note Links to places like iCal and Omnifocus to act as support material/reference pointers back to EN. If I alter the original note in any way (ie change notebook,tag, name) will that break my link. I've got 2 macs and a couple iOS devices and need the link to work all the time.

Thanks-

LLBean

and no, I don't live in Maine!

7 replies to this idea

Can anyone explain the difference between using the "Copy Note Link" function versus "Copy Share URL to Clipboard"? I'm guessing the later is visible to all.

You're right. Anyone with the public URL (after you start sharing the note, which you do by clicking that) can see that note. Only you can use your note URL or see the note it links to.

If I alter the original note in any way (ie change notebook,tag, name) will that break my link. I've got 2 macs and a couple iOS devices and need the link to work all the time.

That doesn't happen to me. It happens to you?

LL Bean isn't just in Maine any more!! :)

Okay, I don't live within 3 hours of a store (of course there is always the web) :)

I'm dire need of a really cool avatar to go along with my screen name!

Archived