Evernote without data plan

Hi, I just download Evernote for Windows Mobile, and realized that everything I do causes my phone to connect to my wireless data network, and can't seem to find a setting that will stop this from happening. Is there a way to collect my notes and have them upload only when the device in cradled. It will get expensive very quickly as I don't have a data plan for my phone.

Thanks!

We plan to release a new version of the Windows Mobile client next week which will allow you to Pause/Resume network usage in the client. You would be able to keep uploads "Paused" until you are docked, and then Resume to upload, then Pause again.

Thanks

We don't have a distributable pre-release of the WM application, unfortunately. There are some significant packaging steps necessary to distribute and run the app, so we can't easily do pre-releases.

We hit a few problems making changes for Microsoft certification, and then we decided to squeeze in a few more features like registration directly from the WM device, so it's been pushed back to next week.

Evernote for WM 3.0.0.121 includes a lot of UI improvements, and you can Pause/Resume network usage from the "Pending Notes" screen. This means you could change the setting to "Pause" and then take a lot of notes when you are away from WiFi, then Resume when you're back at home.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, this version seems to have some bugs. I upgraded as soon as the release came out as I too do not have a data plan. In fact, I disabled my data connection so it cannot connect at all. The "Pause" feature seems to have worked for a while, but I do not use evernote all that often on my phone. I went to use it today to take some notes and every 2 seconds it tried to connect to the internet. I checked and it was still paused. I resumed it and re-paused it and it still did not stop. I connected to a wireless connection we have here and uploaded my pending notes and then hit pause again and then it stopped trying to connect again.

• 6 years later...

Hi 

My name is Deven

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and October I am getting a phone without a data plan; also i am getting an ipad mini in December that also wont have a data plan, so in October my Samsung Galaxy S3 will be wifi only. Can I still use my Evernote app on my Samsung Galaxy S3 October 2015 and after as well as use Evernote on my ipad mini starting in December.

Thanks.

• Level 5*

You should be able to do that, but you will only be able to sync when using wifi.  Also, if you are a free user I believe you will only have access to note content when on wifi.

Hi Deven. I'm also on a GS3 and have had no problems. My account is set to Sync only when I have Wi-Fi access. I have set to sync to Evernote's servers frequently, but am also careful to manually sync UP to them when I've accessed anything while away from home.

Hi

My name is Deven

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and October I am getting a phone without a data plan; also i am getting an ipad mini in December that also wont have a data plan, so in October my Samsung Galaxy S3 will be wifi only. Can I still use my Evernote app on my Samsung Galaxy S3 October 2015 and after as well as use Evernote on my ipad mini starting in December.

Thanks.

Archived