(Archived) What does your Evernote look like?

• Level 5

Mine looks almost exactly the same.

• Snippet view
  • Note List 1/3rd of screen - Note Panel 2/3rds of screen
  • Left Panel hidden (F10)
  • Note Info hidden (F8)
  • Editing Toolbar visible (Ctrl + F8)

End result - maximum visibility for the note content, but still able to scroll through the note titles

I normally use the standard list view. Occasionally, I'll use the snippet view. However, my customization was typically with the hotkeys and a third party app called Activewords, which I first heard about from forum member jschnur. I changed my global hotkey from the default value to F5. And I use Activewords to do text replacement. Here's an example of how I combine these two to make EN sing for me:

And if you're on Windows & combine the powerful search syntax along with Activewords, (an app I heard about from forum member jschnur), it's like saved searches, only faster to use b/c you don't have to scroll down the left pane. We have a dog who has to be on a special diet b/c she's in the early stages of kidney failure. I make most of her food & keep the recipes in Evernote. By using Activewords with Evernote, I just press F5 (my find in Evernote hotkey), the letters kdb terminated with F12. That signals Activewords to replace kdb with:

tag:"kidney diet" beef

Which brings up all the notes tagged with kidney diet & that contain the word beef. And I only typed five keystrokes. I have Activewords setup to replace kdc with:

tag:"kidney diet" chicken

to find all the chicken recipes.

I know this is more than you asked, but hey... :)

• 1 month later...

I normally use the standard list view. Occasionally, I'll use the snippet view. However, my customization was typically with the hotkeys and a third party app called Activewords, which I first heard about from forum member jschnur. I changed my global hotkey from the default value to F5. And I use Activewords to do text replacement. Here's an example of how I combine these two to make EN sing for me:

And if you're on Windows & combine the powerful search syntax along with Activewords, (an app I heard about from forum member jschnur), it's like saved searches, only faster to use b/c you don't have to scroll down the left pane. We have a dog who has to be on a special diet b/c she's in the early stages of kidney failure. I make most of her food & keep the recipes in Evernote. By using Activewords with Evernote, I just press F5 (my find in Evernote hotkey), the letters kdb terminated with F12. That signals Activewords to replace kdb with:

tag:"kidney diet" beef

Which brings up all the notes tagged with kidney diet & that contain the word beef. And I only typed five keystrokes. I have Activewords setup to replace kdc with:

tag:"kidney diet" chicken

to find all the chicken recipes.

I know this is more than you asked, but hey... :)

I'm a huge activewords enthusiast also. AW and Evernote are an awesome combination. Incidentally, have you ever tried to get AW to activate a search within Evernote when you're in another application? I have been unable to write a script which does this. For example, I keep all my Outlook contacts in Evernote and would love to be able to instantly bring up a contact's details by typing in the name and my AW hotkey (F8). For example, typing "Larry F8" should open the EN application, go to the "Contacts" notebook, and then enter "Larry" as a search term. I have not been able to get this to work for me.

Archived