(Archived) Adding a picture in this forum is too complicated

Guest mrossk

I wanted to answer an forum entry and attach a picture. But I nearly gave up a little frustrated.

First I have searched and tried all of the menu items in the reply-field. But no one of this gives me the simple option to add a picture from my own computer?? Later I have found the button "More reply options".

So I attached the picture and wondered how I can embed it in the text. Not possible.

So I have been content with it and only shows it as an attachment.

After visiting this forum the next time I by chance saw that this attached pic is not visible because only users that are logged in can see it. What ist this??

This is really not comfortable.

Actually, all you should have to do is click the little "Image" icon in the edit bar (where it says "B/I/U" etc) But for some reason when I click it, it doesn't do anything for me in Firefox.

I'll let the board admin know so he can look into it :)

Attaching a picture to a post works as it should, the attached should be there.

Whether it is seen when you are logged in or not is dependant on the settings set by the admins.

The method Heather describes is slightly different, allowing you to hotlink an image from another location, e.g. imageshack.

My preferred method is to add the image to a note in EN (be it a screenclip or just an image I have) and then click on the copy link button that I have at the top of the note. Wait for the syncronisation box has appeared in the bottom corner and then paste into the post.

For me it is quicker, easier, and less clicks etc...

• Level 5

Yes, just click on SHARE (Toolbar) >> Copy note URL to the clipboard

wait for the creation of the URL and copy the URL to the post here.

As SpgScott said, you can also customize your Toolbar and put in the "Copy URL" button for quick access.

Wern

I have the button to copy the url in the toolbar. That shares the note and copies the link to the clipboard in one go.

Yes, this works. I had hidden this toolbar-icon. Thanks.

First I have searched and tried all of the menu items in the reply-field. But no one of this gives me the simple option to add a picture from my own computer?? Later I have found the button "More reply options".

So I attached the picture and wondered how I can embed it in the text. Not possible.

So I have been content with it and only shows it as an attachment.

After visiting this forum the next time I by chance saw that this attached pic is not visible because only users that are logged in can see it. What ist this??

This is really not comfortable.

Attaching a file on IPBoard is done one of two ways. As Scott so nicely responded, the easiest is via link, accessed from the image button. I've attached today's blog image inline with this text. touchanote-175.pngI've also been able to size this down the image in line, because it's pretty large.

Attaching an image from your computer is a little more labor intensive. You need to hit "More reply options" button, which you've done in your OP.

After you've found a file in your browser window, you'll have to hit "attach this file". Screenshot here:

20111108-rbjfak5hdetchr9bg6waccw8td.jpg

Select where you want to include the image in-line, and hit "Add to Post" (far right). This will add a bit of code including the link to your uploaded image. I've done so here with my lil frog:

post-78746-0-65103900-1320707321_thumb.j

Now I'll publish it and it SHOULD work :). Egg on my face if it doesn't. (EDIT: Hurrah! It did!)

Finally, attaching images as URLs make the most sense because as our community increasingly grows, hosting a large number of images will bog us down, and to try to prevent that we've been keeping our image hosting numbers presently low. Global upload limits should be set to 500kb. I'll likely eventually up that, but it really is a better policy/practice to use your Evernote account or other hosting service coupled with a link to the image in the editor.

PS: I may need to update our help files, eh?

Actually, all you should have to do is click the little "Image" icon in the edit bar (where it says "B/I/U" etc) But for some reason when I click it, it doesn't do anything for me in Firefox.

I'll let the board admin know so he can look into it :)

It should give you the option to insert a hyperlink, I use firefox primarily.

Archived