(Archived) Privacy on second or other computer?

Privacy on second or other computer?

Luckily, before my pc bit the dust, I had installed my account on my sisters pc mainly because I used it on and off. So it was very helpful that I was able to access my data there.

How do I setup her pc to keep my EN in sync and also have a bit of privacy. I have set hers up with no "sync notification" so she wouldn't have any msgs, expecting with no notices she wouldn't know.

I had also set my account on a friends pc but wouldnt want my EN data to be easily accessible to that PC.

I have read many posts, but can't seem to find one now that answers this. Thanks.

• Level 5

I had also set my account on a friends pc but wouldnt want my EN data to be easily accessible to that PC.

Definitely not good practice.

Unless you have it encrypted (TrueCrypt for example), your friend will be able to figure out what is in your Evernote program.

If you are concerned about security, don't put copies on your friends' computers.

And develop a regular back up procedure for your own computer.

If you are concerned about security, don't put copies on your friends' computers.

Not so much about security, but about screens relating to EN popping up on their pc.

I'd like to have EN synced and available when I'm using their pc without them being constantly reminded that my EN is on their PC.

I vaguely recall someone discussing a solution ( or not) , but I can't seem to find.

Given that your sync-ed data is available all the time 'in the cloud', is this actually necessary? You can access your data through the web client from *any* PC.

True, but I just like having to be able to access my EN on the pc.

And also it becomes an off the premises backup. (along with dropbox, thumbdrives)

Actually - the more I use EN, the more I expect my whole life will be in it !!

With notifications off, displaying an innocuous note, changing the view seems to be enough to "hide" EN on the other pc's.

Thanks for your responses.

It's certainly your choice, but if you're going to end up putting your whole life into EN, I would feel VERY uncomfortable having it on someone else's machine. All it takes is a curious kid to delete or modify notes & the auto sync to kick in. Or to add notes that would cause your monthly upload limit to max out. And that's only one scenario. There are certainly other (better) ways of having backups. Just sayin'.

Thanks B&F - always appreciate your posts - agree ninety percent of the time !

(I know what's with the other 9?)

I'll be ready to re-think this issue. So far I think EN doesn't display / open on the other pc's but just runs in the somewhat hidden task bar in win7.

Archived