(Archived) Consistent Text between Desktop and iOS versions

RMNJ

Idea

I am running the latest versions of both Mac OSX Lion and iOS versions of Evernote.

Since the use of rich text on iOS, my Evernote Experience has been horrible! I am even considering other options.

Evernote has been on of my favorite apps.

HOW DO I GO BACK TO HAVING CONSISTENT TEXT AND FORMATTING BETWEEN THE DESKTOP AND IOS VERSIONS????????????????

Every time I create or edit a note on the desktop version I am prompted with and append dialog box on the iOS version. Once a note is edited on the iOS version it reformats the note text and spacing between lines of text when it is synced on reopened on the desktop version.

I DO NOT NEED FANCY FONTS, Simply want consitancy between my devices.

I have tried editing the text setting on the desktop version, but this does not work.

Evernote went from my favorite app to having me look for another solution for my notes and note syncing.

Please help!

9 replies to this idea

Ok, I have read through the iOS thread and have read the reviews of the latest update in iTunes.

This a common issue that Evernote Developers are not commenting on or just plain ignoring.

Going to give "Memonic" a try for simple text notes.

This version of Evernote is completely unusable.

My annual Premium is up for renewal in October, I can't waste $45 on this version!

Shame on you Evernote, Driving customers away!

• Level 5*
This a common issue that Evernote Developers are not commenting on or just plain ignoring.

They may not be commenting here, but then again, they don't comment on everything. I'm guessing that they're not ignoring the issue. It's certainly got enough attention.

Going to give "Memonic" a try for simple text notes.

Good luck.

Since the last iDevice's evolution, I've some problems with the iPhone, the iPad and the Mac versions:

- When I open a note (which was created or modified with my iPhone or iPad) in my Mac, some blank lines appear between the text which was created with TextExpander

- An other problem are the fonts. By default, the font is "Arial, 13px" in my Mac, but in the notes modified by iPhone or iPad, the font changes into "Helvetica, 14px"

It's very embarrassing!

Please, fix this huge bug! Now, I can't use the mobile version of Evernote. I really don't want to spend hours to correct everything which has messed up!

Also agree with you guys. This is really, really annoying!

I do not understand why you publish updates like the iOS client (that does not produce Mac compatible notes) as well as an unfinished Mac Version 3.0 with many issues (at least in my case). I really like Evernote, but I very often feel in some kind of "beta track" - even if have have not checked the box in the settings. ;-)

Well, it is nice on the other hand to get some features (like rich text editing) even if they are not done. But please make those features optional and mark them as experimental when there are known issues - and I cannot imagine that the developers have not recognized the inconsistency between Mac and iOS clients before.

Argh!! I share your pain! I've got the exact same aforementioned issues with aggravating typographic inconsistencies between my IPhone and Desktop versions. Fonts, point sizes, line-spacing, etc. Obviously this whole rich text upgrade was a degrading poor idea. Please, Evernote Gods, wherever you are, hear and heed our anguished cries for HELP! Until you get this debugged, perhaps you could at least provide us poor mortals a path to revert to the Old Ways that worked pretty darn well.

:D

Archived