(Archived) Conference Keynote at 9AM PT

No, he specifically said platform changes, in his TechCrunch interview.

Should be a blog post. If not there is always Twitter. Already active on search for "evernote conference".

• Level 5*

I have to be honest and say that this stuff doesn't interest me that much. It makes for nice press etc, but I'd personally prefer them devote developer time to fixing some of the long term and nasty issues.

I'm sure they will all have a wonderful time at this conference, but for me as a user it's time spent away from development.

I think that it was a necessary step for Evernote. Getting developers involved is a very quick way to get new niche development done without a large immediate or ongoing cost and keeping there limited internal resources focused on core requirements. There are some downsides, but on balance I think more good than bad.

• Level 5*

I agree. Evernote has a lot of time and money invested in their own clients, but they also have a lot of same invested in their infrastructure and APIs. And I believe that the more that they can build a 3rd-party development community around their infrastructure, the stronger and more entrenched they become.

We've had quite a few announcements at the conference already. Techcrunch has a pretty decent overview of the keynote. The biggest announcement is our acquisition of Skitch.

We're actively using the hashtag #evernote_etc, so if you're wondering what our conference goers are thinking, search that.

I've also been updating with conference news in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=28849

Archived