(Archived) Feature Request ..... Real ToDo/Task/List Organizer

Yes I'm a relative Newbie ...

and Yes I understand that Evernote is not meant to replace "XYZ" but .....

I actually like Evernote so much I see it as my "HomeBase" for all of my information

and would love for it to be able to really be my "environment"

I am a Task/list man ..... from Lotus Desktop to Palm to Bonsai to currently MLO etc ....

I have lists for 2 main things ...

1. Things I need to remember /hold /store / refer to etc.

2. ToDos / Projects /Tasks etc ..

Until now I have used my list SW for Both ....

Now Evernote has moved in for part 1 above - its where I keep my stuff .... and Evernote is better than the task/list software for that.

I try to also have it as my ToDo list (#2) -

and it is Ok as a freeform page to sort of have a daily blotter(

What Natara made Daynotez for).

But It is not able (yet) to replace the list software .....

I would love to have a specialized note OR SPECIALIZED NOTEBOOK format called "Task Note" that is really formatted for lists /projects

- Hierarchical lists

- Real Check box functionality including the ability to hide completed

- Setting of Dates and priorities etc.

In one way maybe some developer of a list program could integrate their product into EverNote

... but in reality I am not sure that it would require that much new development.

If I had my lists in Evernote then it would really become my home.

(Of course next suggestion would be to have integration to Calendar Apps linking Tasks to appointments /days etc.)

Only 6 weeks into evernote - but I am loving it!!

• Level 5

In one way maybe some developer of a list program could integrate their product into EverNote

... but in reality I am not sure that it would require that much new development.

If I had my lists in Evernote then it would really become my home.

Critical to implementation of your requests (except for hierarchy) is the addition of a Due Date column.

Both the Evernote CEO and CTO have said the Due Date is in the cards.

Once Evernote releases the Due Date, 3rd party developers will have their hands untied and be able to create all sorts of time-related notes - meetings, doctor appointments, business trips, vacations, etc. I do this by using the Created Date, but there are some drawbacks that will be eliminated with the addition of the Due Date.

Archived