(Archived) Can I format my computer and Evernote will keep my notes?

Hi, I'm a new Evernote user.

Do I understand this software correctly?.. If drag & drop my .doc (with Premium account), .pdf files and images to Evernote, they will all be saved on the Evernote web servers?

So I can just format my computer and once Windows and Evernote are reinstalled, I will be able to sync everything back from the Evernote web servers?

• Level 5

I'd recommend you do a backup of the Evernote database first, just to be on the safe side.

I back up my database manually every day and let Carbonite also do backups offsite throughout the day.

Hi, I'm a new Evernote user.

Do I understand this software correctly?.. If drag & drop my .doc (with Premium account), .pdf files and images to Evernote, they will all be saved on the Evernote web servers?

So I can just format my computer and once Windows and Evernote are reinstalled, I will be able to sync everything back from the Evernote web servers?

Assuming you have all your notes sync'd and no local (non-sync'd) notebooks. Additionally, I backup my EN database to other physical disks & my cloud backup of choice.

• Level 5
I'd recommend you do a backup of the Evernote database first, just to be on the safe side.

I back up my database manually every day and let Carbonite also do backups offsite throughout the day.

One additional comment - I also make sure I do a backup before every Evernote upgrade.

Archived