(Archived) Are websites saved that are clipped?

When clipping websites I'm wondering what happens when that website is no longer there? 6 months from now on my notes will I get the big 404 error of website not found on some of my webclips? Especially ones that are articles and it only clips page 1 to Evernote and I have to click page 2 at bottom of webclip and it opens up the website.

What would be a work around for this?

Thank you Metrodon for you response. Very helpful. That was what I was thinking but I recently stored some articles from nytimes.com and inc.com and I noticed at the bottom of my clipped note was the link to page 2, page 3, etc of the article. So, I was afraid that if those additional pages ever went offline that I wouldn't be able to read the rest of the article.

I noticed at the bottom of my clipped note was the link to page 2, page 3, etc of the article. So, I was afraid that if those additional pages ever went offline that I wouldn't be able to read the rest of the article.

To clarify, if you don't clip pages 2 & 3 to EN, you won't be able to view them (AFAIK), if they are taken offline.

Thank you Metrodon for you response. Very helpful. That was what I was thinking but I recently stored some articles from nytimes.com and inc.com and I noticed at the bottom of my clipped note was the link to page 2, page 3, etc of the article. So, I was afraid that if those additional pages ever went offline that I wouldn't be able to read the rest of the article.

Many websites, including NYTimes, have an option to "see article in single page" or something like that. I always use that option before clipping. Some other websites have an option to "print article." That option usually brings the whole thing up in one page -- and it has the advantage of showing less advertisements -- and you can clip from there.

• Level 5*

Yup, I tend to use Safari on my Mac and the Reader functionality (which it looks like is being added to with Lion) is great for pulling the the core of an article out and making it more readable. You can email it then straight into Evernote.

Lots of ways to skin a cat.

• Level 5*
Lots of ways to skin a cat.

None that I know of where the cat appreciates it... :lol:

I quite like them too, apart from my neighbours who continually 'goes' in my garden.

Anyway, couldn't eat a whole one on my own.

Archived