(Archived) REQUEST: Note locking

Please add Locking function and Button on notes. (I don't mean password protect but lock against further editing). I'd prefer if I can decide whether note is locked or unlocked by individual note. Also, it would be good if you can put a Lock icon so you can easily see if a note is locked or not.

Please allow locking both the content and the note title/name.

Main reason is I sometimes accidentally edit note either text or worse - it's name and then I can't find it and I have to go to restore the whole database from my Time Machine on Mac.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

One feature I really want is to be able to have distinct View / Edit modes. Most of my notes are things that I need to remember, but I don't want to edit them anymore. I want to be able to lock the notes so they can't be changed accidentally. Something like this is available on the mobile versions (at least on android).

1: I want a button on the note to turn editing on or off for this note. The default should be to allow editing.

2: I should be able to select multiple notes in the note list and turn editing on or off for all of them.

3: I should be able to turn editing on or off for all notes in a notebook.

This would make EN more useful to me.

• 2 months later...

this is a very important feature. I need it too. In fact I am considering of going premium but this is the only feature that makes me rethink my decision.

It is pretty straightforward to have this feature enabled and it is silly for Evernote to leave this out in the development, in my opinion. Not all information should be editable, otherwise any accidental edit will destroy our information.

I know the premium version has note history but it is not logged for every edit, it is only logged during certain time of day.

Evernote Admin/Developers: Where are you? Pls respond to your user requests will you??

this is a very important feature. I need it too. In fact I am considering of going premium but this is the only feature that makes me rethink my decision.

It is pretty straightforward to have this feature enabled and it is silly for Evernote to leave this out in the development, in my opinion. Not all information should be editable, otherwise any accidental edit will destroy our information.

I know the premium version has note history but it is not logged for every edit, it is only logged during certain time of day.

Evernote Admin/Developers: Where are you? Pls respond to your user requests will you??

• Level 5*

This is a user forum that Evernote employees will sometimes contribute to.

You should remember that just because a feature is very important to you, it may have no value whatsoever for other users - in this case me and I'm guessing many others and so although it may be on a proposed list for development, it may not be included for weeks/months/years to come.

There really is no need to post the same thing in multiple threads - this just makes you seem very very very annoying......

• 4 months later...
  • Level 5

Paul Thurrott, editor for Supersite for Windows wrote a nice article on why he uses Evernote. With one complaint at the end.

"Evernote is not perfect. As mentioned previously, it does not support headings, so I have to fake them and then hand-edit them into my web-based articles. It doesn't support note locking of any kind, which is a curious omission: Once I'm done with an article, I'd like to know that a future errant keystroke isn't going to wipe it out or edit it in some fashion."

http://www.winsupersite.com/article/paul/evernote-word-writing-141902

• 5 months later...

Archived