(Archived) Adding Tags

• Level 5*

Tags are nestable. If you want information on how to perform operations on specific clients (they sometimes work differently), then you should post in the forum specific to the client.

No, you can't designate a nesting position when creating a tag. To nest a tag, you must drag it onto what will become it's parent tag and drop it there. You can drag multiple tags by Ctrl+ or Cmd+ clicking the tags you want to move (assuming you're using the Windows or Mac client application).

Tags are nestable. If you want information on how to perform operations on specific clients (they sometimes work differently), then you should post in the forum specific to the client.

I use both Windows and Mac (and web). My question was if you can nest a tag upon creation.

inkedmn answered my question, thanks! Unfortunately not what I wanted to hear. EN can be fantastic at times . . . and at times really cumbersome. Since up to 10,000 tags are allowed, this is would be a very (very) helpful feature.

I use both Windows and Mac (and web). My question was if you can nest a tag upon creation.

inkedmn answered my question, thanks! Unfortunately not what I wanted to hear. EN can be fantastic at times . . . and at times really cumbersome. Since up to 10,000 tags are allowed, this is would be a very (very) helpful feature.

Actually, Jeff's answer is correct. It depends upon what client you're using. In the Windows client, you can nest a tag at time of creation. You simply right click on the parent tag & you can create the nested tag.

• Level 5*

Actually, I answered the first of your three questions, then suggested that you ask in the specific forum for your then-unknown client. As I say, they operate differently sometimes.

BurgersNFries answered your question better, and with an answer that should suit you better. I can't imagine having 10,000 tags. I still have less than 100, but that's just my usage; I need relatively few specific (e.g. clients, employees, etc.) and mainly use generic terms. I aim to keep it that way for as long as possible.

Actually, I answered the first of your three questions, then suggested that you ask in the specific forum for your then-unknown client. As I say, they operate differently sometimes.

. . . I can't imagine having 10,000 tags. I still have less than 100, but that's just my usage; I need relatively few specific (e.g. clients, employees, etc.) and mainly use generic terms. I aim to keep it that way for as long as possible.

Wow, the right-click works on both the Mac and Windows - Thanks for getting this sorted out. I was surprised to learn EN now supports 250 notebooks, as well as 10k tags, yes that is crazy if anyone comes close -- at that point just text search!

Thanks for the help. Knowledge base doesn't mention it - and this makes EN less cumbersome (but shows the learning process can be a challenge and knowledge base skips many details).

Archived