Different prices for PERSONAL

Hi,

has anyone a reliable option to contact the billing support about billing issues?
I already contacted the support 2 weeks ago twice, but never got an answer.

The reason is the mess and inconsistencies of their mentioned prices for "Personal" (I'm a Personal user since 2013).

▶️ In the app was suddenly a pop-up message that the amount rises on Oct. 9 from 59,99 EUR to 114,99 EUR - see screenshot attached.
▶️ At their German website is a yearly amount of 99,99 EUR, and
▶️ in my account info is no longer a price mentioned.

By the way, I pay only via Google Play credits!

What a mess 🤦🏻‍♀️ I wrote the support what the right price is now for me so that I can decide whether to stay or cancel - no answer 🤬

Any idea how to get an answer from support or a special person? Or what do you suggest to do?

It's not acceptable that in important payment/billing issues no contact/answer is possible.

Thank you.

@admin

Screenshot_20240910_173526_Evernote.jpg

Screenshot_20240927_145902_Firefox.jpg

• Level 5

Contact support is the only advise we can give you on payment issues.

The price of 99,99€ is the current regular subscription price for a yearly personal subscription.

So either you came from an older plan that has expired, or were on a rebated subscription. Rebates are valid for 1 year only.

Ok, thanks, I will watch it in Google Play Store, I pay only via credits so that I have control on what these guys do 🙄

No credits, no payment and I have no trouble to get a refund😐

30 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

It's likely that the price is higher through the app stores as Google and Apple take their 30% cut.

And where does Evernote communicate that??

And PayPal?

4 minutes ago, BEHA said:

And PayPal?

That is common practice for all subscription services. They communicate that when you go to subscribe through an App store and the price is higher. Blame Google and Apple for forcing them into using the App stores for billing if purchased through their devices. There are currently ongoing lawsuits and government inquiries about this behavior as we speak.

Paypal does not charge excessive fees so the price is the same as using a credit card on evernote.com.

Ok, thanks, I will think about PayPal instead.

51 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

It's likely that the price is higher through the app stores as Google and Apple take their 30% cut.

Apple and Google have strict guidelines that prevent developers from explicitly mentioning their platform fees or suggesting that the app's price is higher due to those fees (from within the store itself)

• Sad 1
46 minutes ago, Boot17 said:

Apple and Google have strict guidelines that prevent developers from explicitly mentioning their platform fees or suggesting that the app's price is higher due to those fees (from within the store itself)

It's extremely anti competitive and anti consumer behavior. 

4 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Whatever - on the AppStore I have paid the same amount as it is advertised on the EN website.

Maybe it's only the Play Store. I couldn't tell you. I avoid billing through third parties if at all possible. 

• Level 5
52 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

Maybe it's only the Play Store. I couldn't tell you. I avoid billing through third parties if at all possible. 

There are several positive effects: I only need to care for 1 valid means of payment. AppStore credits are consumed first before a CC is touched. And I can cancel any subscription under the same set of rules.

10 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

There are several positive effects: I only need to care for 1 valid means of payment. AppStore credits are consumed first before a CC is touched. And I can cancel any subscription under the same set of rules.

I try to use PayPal whenever possible because of their purchase protection. I don't really use Apple products and I definitely don't want to bill through the Play Store. Google has horrendous support. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Apple support is really good, and they have an own support line for iTunes (purchase of services and apps) related issues.

Plus their money back policy is fine - claim a problem within 30 days, and get a full refund. It’s only blocked for apps that you likely need only once, like data rescue.

4 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Apple support is really good, and they have an own support line for iTunes (purchase of services and apps) related issues.

Plus their money back policy is fine - claim a problem within 30 days, and get a full refund. It’s only blocked for apps that you likely need only once, like data rescue.

With Google if you want a refund a robot decides for you. It's usually denied. 

• Level 5

When I „claim a problem“ to get a refund, and it is within the time frame, it is practically always granted. I think Apple having users integrate deeply into their ecosystem are more interested in long term customer relations than handing back this handful of Pennie’s that are their provision on the sale of an app.

If I am not happy with a decision, I can always call support. They usually call back within minutes, and talk through the problem. The result is documented in an email, and with the case number I can reopen it if I feel it should.

• Level 5

Luckily Apple is not Google. They still know how to spell PRIVACY.

OK, this may have taken us a bit off topic.

The essence for you was to look out for something like PayPal if a CC is no option.

• Level 5

Sure - and it has been answered in the second post of this thread already.

And then you brought up the issue of the PlayStore and your Credits, and things went through a little deviation.