Copying links from the Browser makes it not drop the link in but the other metadata I don't want sometimes.

Copying links from the Browser makes it not drop the link in but the other metadata I don't want sometimes.

Such as, if you copy and paste from the Browser, it doesn't do https://evernote.com/ but it does the title or something else.

I want it to do what I'm posting in and nothing else. If I want it to be different, I can do that myself.
With in Settings, there is nothing to change. I have to copy and paste on some other field but some of the copy and paste the colors and other things making it messed up.

I can't reproduce this. I have never had a link changed. I have even tried copying the url of a page within EN web and it still uses the (very long) full link. Can you give a specific url for which this happens?

If I understand your issue (and I'm not sure I do), it may be browser behavior.  When cutting and pasting a url from Microsoft Edge it gives a description and not the ugly url.  Here is an example: I used Edge to go to the website of the New York Times, opened the headline article, copied the url, pasted it here, and displays the headline and not the url, like this:

Suspect in Custody After Second Apparent Assassination Attempt on Trump: Live Updates - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Vinnie

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, VincentC said:

When cutting and pasting a url from Microsoft Edge it gives a description and not the ugly url.

That would explain why it doesn't happen for me as I use Chrome. Not EN behaviour anyway.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
20 minutes ago, Mike P said:

That would explain why it doesn't happen for me as I use Chrome. Not EN behaviour anyway.

I think Edge is chrome these days too,  but I hate Edge because it has a lot of extra bells and whistles built in like maybe this...

• Like 1