New Notes Created Today Can't be Found via Search

Just updated to v 10.104.3-win-ddl-public (20240904115036). Created two notes. Strangely, these notes now cannot be found by searching.  I tried (a) pinning these two notes to the top of their notebook and (2) adding them to the shortcuts list. They are there, but they can't be found by searching.

Tried searching for them in my iOS app. No luck.  Tried in browser.  No luck.

A bug?  Thanks for any advice.

Editor: v179.0.0
Service: v2.8.2
© 2019 - 2024 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

Windows 11.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

I don't think that's something specific to the latest version - it's always been the case that if you create a new note,  the only way to find it immediately is to sort notes in date order and look for the most recent.  The search indexes take a little while to update.  If it bothers you - feedback@evernote.com

I have had the same problem for approximately 20 hours. None of the notes created since then have been properly indexed, so they are not searchable. It had happened to me a couple of times before, but it had never taken this long to fix.

• Level 5*

Seems reasonable that the developers would reason that the main urgency with a new note is to get it to the server and share it with other devices - after all it's a note you just created,  so sorting by created or updated dates  will find all notes easily.  Adding the content of the note(s) to a search algorithm is server-based,  so probably best done at lower priority in the background.

There's nothing about this specifically,  but here's Evernote's latest thoughts on things...

7 hours ago, iceman melb said:

There are a few bugs listed on that bug tracker related to search:

• • (fixed) UI inconsistencies in the search screen
  • • (in progress) ⚙️ issue with search within note
  • • (fixed) issue where searching within a notebook didn’t automatically apply a filter for that notebook

But none of those seem to address this specific problem.

Did I miss it? Which were you referring to?

• Sad 1