Taking a Long Time for Tags to "Catch Up"

Go to solution Solved by Mishkafofer,

I user Evernote on my laptop to keep track of hundreds of articles for an e-newsletter business. Every month I select four for a newsletter, tagging them "September," for example. All of a sudden this problem developed:

• I tag four of them "September."
  • In the left column the tag "September" is shown with four entries.
  • When I look at each item, the "September" tag is shown.
  • However, under the notes, when I click on the tags, it takes as long as 10 minutes before all four items to populate the list. 

I am using the desktop app, not the website, although I am connected online with a reliable high-speed connection. Why the reaction delay? I thought it was a one-time thing but it happens again and again. I am updated and have closed and signed out several times.

Thanks for any advice.

• Sad 1
  • Level 5

We know EN is working on metadata sync (RENT).

It seems they are not yet done with it. You can only wait until the measures show an effect.

I ran a little test a few weeks ago: I updated some tags, and reviewed how long it took the change to show up on another device.

The delay was between 1 and 5 hours. One note updated fast, others slower, without an obvious pattern. Which is way too long, no doubt.

But currently you can just give it some time to make sure everything is reflecting the latest changes on all devices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Solution

I encounter similar issue and posted few weeks ago. I expected tags to sync fast due to implementation of real time editing. But i was wrong. Real time editing is for editing note. The rest, such as tag metadata is on its own schedule.

I am not a tag guy but for folks that use tags extensively, this is a major issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1