Slowness is killing Evernote's business.

If you run a search engine, speed is the most important factor. The same applies to a note app—when I search my own notes, it should be as fast as Google. Google searches the entire web, while Evernote is only searching my archive. Yet, Evernote usually takes 10 times longer than a Google search.
You can’t even provide the most basic service, yet you keep wasting resources by popping up new feature screens when I open the app.
I don’t need those features; I just need to find my notes quickly. I’m a paying customer—stop wasting system resources on marketing to me.
Those new features never appease paying customers, and every slow search makes customers angry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, airconlin said:

Yet, Evernote usually takes 10 times longer than a Google search.

This isn't particularly meaningful.  Specifically, what are you experiencing?  Searches are essentially instantaneous for me.

• Like 1

Yes and while we are on the subject of slowness can we please figure out why it takes me upwards of 90 seconds to drag and drop a group of ~50 notes into a different notebook??

4 minutes ago, Charles K. said:

Yes and while we are on the subject of slowness can we please figure out why it takes me upwards of 90 seconds to drag and drop a group of ~50 notes into a different notebook??

I lied. It took 20 minutes. 

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, Charles K. said:

why it takes me upwards of 90 seconds to drag and drop a group of ~50 notes into a different notebook??

Hi.  Device / OS & Evernote version numbers / browser?

One thing I noticed that seems to be slowing the app waaaay down (in my case on MacOS) is an existing but very slow or unstable internet connection. I recently tried to work via a mobile hotspot in a place that proved to have very bad cell phone coverage. The cellphone connected and started a hotspot, but the connection was bad. Really bad. The app had a real hard time to cope with this. Spinning circle all over the place, as it tried to sync in real time, or pull information from the servers. Unusable internet connection made an unusable app.

I switched off the non-working hotspot, the app switched to offline mode, and everything worked fine again.

The suggested online connection that's not really there did mess things up and the app didn't really cope well by switching to offline on it's own.

You can try saving an article to getpocket.com use the "Clip+ (Save a URL)" sign on the top right,, and see how quickly Pocket saves an external article to its database.

Now, compare this with Evernote's Clip feature and experience how painfully slow it is at saving an external article.
If you're using a mobile phone app of Evernote, you can't switch to another app; otherwise, it won't save at all, had to wait a few seconds, a few minutes, or forever to get 1 URL content saved.
Another thing is Evernote saved articles usually have layout issues, Pocket usually has no issue on layout formatting. 

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, Charles K. said:

Windows 10 and most recent  evernote download 

"Most recent" hardly helps these days - I just woke up to 10.102.7.  However;  I'd suggest a clean reinstall if you haven't tried that recently...

Sign out of the account / don't save data locally / use Revo Uninstaller Free (Win) or Appcleaner (Mac) to uninstall the app.  Power device off and back on,  then re-download and reinstall from Evernote.com and leave Evernote running to rebuild local data.   New installs are typically a little slow - things get better after a day or so.