10.100.1 - what happened to note links?

Go to solution Solved by eric99,

2 hours ago, Mike P said:

I think I can now see the pattern - the target note needs to be towards the top of the notebook in whatever sort order I have at the time. I can make all my links fail by simply changing the sort order to increasing creation date (old notes at the top) as none of the links I use regularly are to very old notes.

This pattern and the obscure comment in the release note "Fixed an issue where internal links no longer redirected to the correct note from the sidebar" suggests that the developer doesn't fully understand the specification regarding note links (assuming they have any specifications at all).

Why should the linked note be in the sidebar? Every note from the database should be reachable via note links, regardless of the sidebar...

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, eric99 said:

This pattern and the obscure comment in the release note "Fixed an issue where internal links no longer redirected to the correct note from the sidebar" suggests that the developer doesn't fully understand the specification regarding note links (assuming they have any specifications at all).

Why should the linked note be in the sidebar? Every note from the database should be reachable via note links, regardless of the sidebar...

That was the release notes for 10.102, which I also never understood, and was probably a very specific issue. The release notes for 10.103 say "Fixed an issue with internal links not redirecting to the correct note" which sounds much more general (and wrong). As requested by @Jon/t I  have done some further investigation which you can find here: 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, bmcl26 said:

I will continue with Contol+Click, as I can live with that unit until it is properly fixed.

I'm trying to  change the habit of a lifetime, honest.

image.thumb.jpeg.471f3cb22483f6810b628d3392cf8c0f.jpeg

• Haha 4

WIN11 - EV 10.103.3
"Fixed an issue with internal links not redirecting to the correct note."
??? still not solved...

7 hours ago, Dave Green said:

For me, clicking then using the go back arrow gets me the note which is easier (to me) to remember.

I find that often works but it is not 100% reliable. Sometimes I just go straight back to the parent note.

• 2 weeks later...