Checklist checkbox is not aligned to first line on Mac OS 10.99.3 (persisting on 10.103.3)

Go to solution Solved by EvernoteConnoisseur,

• Level 5

If you would have searched before you posted, you would have found several other threads about it already.

It’s always better to keep the postings about one topic a bit together. For answers see these threads.

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

If you would have searched before you posted, you would have found several other threads about it already.

It’s always better to keep the postings about one topic a bit together. For answers see these threads.

If you would have thought about how to actually be helpful, you would have shared at least a link to any of the threads that you claim mentioning this issue.

It's always better to provide help first rather than suggesting other users with a challenge to locate the correct resources to keep looking for resources. For answers on how to be constructive, check the posts of others who are not presumptuous about people asking for help.

The fact is, I have looked for almost an hour to see if there are other threads about this issue, but I haven't been able to find it. Could anyone else point me to the right place? Much appreciated.

1 minute ago, Mike P said:

and the thread linked from it. EN forum search ius fairly hopeless. I use Google and just include the words Evernote and forums.

Thanks for this big tip, @Mike P I kept using the forum search and was getting nothing. From now on, I will just use google.

For anyone else wondering about this change, here is another thread:

24 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

@EvernoteConnoisseur Why should I invest the effort you avoided ?

„Checkbox AND alignment“ in search brought this up, 15 seconds.

image.thumb.png.79eb7ec8c9544026710aa81dc14ef3d7.png

First, I never asked you to "invest this effort". Also, I would consider spending about an hour already searching on evernote forum a good effort, but you wouldn't have known given your presumptuous attidude.

I am glad that it took 15 seconds for you to locate the forum posts. But what are you trying to say? To emphasize your searching skills superiority over me? This is so inappropriate.

Not only are you not constructive, you also attack others who are struggling to find the resources they are looking for and came here looking for help. How is this ok on this forum?

Update: What @PinkElephant does here is clearly not ok. The forum guidelines stipulates: "Do not chastise new users/newbies for asking questions or posting comments that may already be answered elsewhere."

Moderators or other users of this forum, do you know what's up with @PinkElephant'scondescending and demeaning response to my posts? Do you all just ignore this account? Or is this individual just targeting me?

• Haha 1
  • Level 5

Forum member since 2011, above 100 posts, forum newbie … find the mistake.

You mustn’t have used search - just scrolling down the most recent postings would have revealed several „checkbox alignment“ threads.

Now we have got another ….

3 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Forum member since 2011, above 100 posts, forum newbie … find the mistake.

You mustn’t have used search - just scrolling down the most recent postings would have revealed several „checkbox alignment“ threads.

Now we have got another ….

Whether someone is a newbie or not does not deserve demeaning messages from you.

And now that you lost the argument about forum search, you invented another baseless accusation about how I did not scroll down.

It's bad enough you didn't provide help, you continue to degrade a user who was obviously having a challenge and looking for help form the community. Please stop harassing me.

Evernote Team, please do something about this @PinkElephant user who is repeatedly crossing the line and is continuing to affect the cooperative user-to-user helping spirit of this community. You should not let this slide.

• Haha 1
  • Level 5

It took me 15 seconds to find older threads about the same topic, only using obvious keywords. You said it took you almost an hour to not find anything.

If this fact is harassing yourself, there isn’t much I can do about it. But please stick to the facts.

Thank you for your understanding …

• Like 1
18 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

If this fact is harassing yourself, there isn’t much I can do about it. But please stick to the facts.

You don't get to invent facts about me and then make a call for sticking to the facts. Please just apologize and promise you will not spew this kind of unhelpful comments onto me or others in the future.

If you are not going to do so and have nothing constructive to say, please stop posting "hollow or useless replies" about my search skills. This is rule #10 in the Evernote Code of Conduct. Having posted 26,000 posts in this forum, you should have known this.

If you want an example of what's helpful contribution, just look like post #4 in this thread of what @MikeP posted: concise, contains a link, straight to the point, offering useful tip about improving search experience in the future. Basically a total opposite of all the presumptuous and demeaning posts you spammed in this single thread.

On 8/2/2024 at 9:29 AM, EvernoteConnoisseur said:

Just updated to 10.99.3, I noticed that the checkbox position of a checklist item is misaligned to the center of an image, if an image is attached to the checklist. Anyone noticing the same problem? See attached.

Screenshot2024-08-02at9_32_04AM.png.25a38516719731c86958f017bd9c8249.png

While @PinkElephant has hijacked this thread and turned it into a personal troll attack, I am wondering if others have found a workaround for this new bug or feature that Evernote has decided or accidentally implemented?

I have tried various methods like adding a space or adding a line before and after, nothing makes a difference.

Also, I have googled for a quite a bit for the previous version of Evernote, thinking that reverting to a previous version may solve this issue in the meantime, but unable to find it after spending quite a lot of time. Does anyone know of a reliable source for downloading previous versions of Evernote (Mac)?

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

As a reminder, the forum has an ignore function.  Hover over a users name and you will see the option to ignore them there.  Also, not every post needs a response.  Please think twice before posting a snarky or critical response.  It is never helpful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 8/3/2024 at 12:13 PM, PinkElephant said:

You still seem to have a bad time using forum search. No workaround (and I just reported your post because of name calling, violating forum rules).

You seem to be not able to let go of this criticism of me that you invented,  and continued to do even though I have repeatedly asked you to stop harassing me. The moderators and others can clearly see who the perpetrator is. Please stop this snarky, critical and targeted replies that no one asked you to do in my thread or anywhere in this forum.

On 8/3/2024 at 3:09 PM, s2sailor said:

As a reminder, the forum has an ignore function.  Hover over a users name and you will see the option to ignore them there.  Also, not every post needs a response.  Please think twice before posting a snarky or critical response.  It is never helpful.

hi @s2sailor thank you for introducing me to the ignore function, I will use it now.

Thank you also for setting the record straight that useless, snarky or critical responses posted by @PinkElephant are not helpful.

I hope no one else will have to be on the receiving end of this kind of hollow, useless and critical responses from this user again in the future.

Hi everyone else, Evernote has just been updated to 10.100.3 today but this checklist issue is still not resolved. Evernote tech support also hasn't responded to my ticket yet.

Does it look like this new "feature" maybe is here to stay?

• Like 1
  • EvernoteConnoisseur changed the title to Checklist checkbox is not aligned to first line on Mac OS 10.99.3 (persisting on 10.101.4)
  • 2 weeks later...

Just updated to 10.102.7, the issue still persists.

More and more this seems like a new (but poor) design decision made by Evernote Team instead of a bug.

I don't even see this issue on their bugs list here: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s308/client/snv?isnewsnv=true&noteGuid=3589c5e3-d88a-c1db-9180-7253cb0f945d&noteKey=UMycoXtcGAJY8uY3wvjppz-Rwo9imkUAJNZR0IEiS-GEv_L05i7h418ABg&sn=https://www.evernote.com/shard/s308/sh/3589c5e3-d88a-c1db-9180-7253cb0f945d/UMycoXtcGAJY8uY3wvjppz-Rwo9imkUAJNZR0IEiS-GEv_L05i7h418ABg&title=Evernote+bugfix+tracker

Also, so much for filing a support ticket. Support has not responded to my ticket created weeks ago about this issue.

Anyone else in the know about what's going on with this new "feature/bug"?

Just checking in to say I also raised a ticket around this bug/feature when the alignment changed a few weeks ago. It's hurting my brain for sure and strange (but fortunate) that they haven't done the same for numbered lists and bullet points as well.

I seem to vaguely remember them pulling this move a year or 2 ago then changing it back with another update, but this might be my memory deceiving me.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, silb said:

Just checking in to say I also raised a ticket around this bug/feature when the alignment changed a few weeks ago. It's hurting my brain for sure and strange (but fortunate) that they haven't done the same for numbered lists and bullet points as well.

I seem to vaguely remember them pulling this move a year or 2 ago then changing it back with another update, but this might be my memory deceiving me.

Thanks for confirming that you have also raised a ticket, I find it strange that Evernote Team doesn't even respond to these tickets or add this to their public bug list.

For those keeping track, I updated to 10.103.3 today, and the misalignment persists.

• EvernoteConnoisseur changed the title to Checklist checkbox is not aligned to first line on Mac OS 10.99.3 (persisting on 10.103.3)

Got an update just now that's fixed it, happy days. They must've been listening.

I do find the bug reporting strange. Most ticketing systems, especially for software with a non-negligible cost where you'd expect solid support, seem to have some sort of SLAs/priorities and a way to update/close tickets from their end or your own (for example if you figure out how to solve the issue yourself as I've done once or twice, or have additional info to add). But with Evernote's it feels like you're just sending them into the ether and maybe someone will look over them and action them internally or reply.

• Like 2
  • Solution
6 hours ago, silb said:

But with Evernote's it feels like you're just sending them into the ether and maybe someone will look over them and action them internally or reply.

Because this is such an embarrassing bug that they refused to acknowledge it? 😂

In any case, so hapy to get this release note today for Mac OS too for v10.104.3

Screenshot 2024-09-04 at 3.50.57 PM.png