Notes taking 35 seconds to open today - EN 99.3 on my Win 10 PC

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

Started using EN this morning on PC and suddenly found that opening any note took 30-35 seconds each!!  My iPad and iPhone seem fine.

Looked at other EN discussions and tried logging all devices out, uninstalling the APP and reinstalling:  logged back in - EN took me to the web to login - I said chose another account (it did offer my saved credentials); logged back in to my account.   No difference. (Interestingly, I had closed all the notes I had open before logging out but even after doing all this, it automatically opened them when I went back in - which begs the question do you have to follow a different procedure to really log out)?   Also once I open a note, I can access it freely but if I am stepping through the notes - I tend to use the snippet view -  it still takes 30-35 secs when I stop on one that I have previously opened. Sooooooo annoying!!

I feel - like many others - that I have been incredibly patient over the last few years, willing Bending spoons to get EN10 working properly - and to be fair it is better than it was when first launched on an unsuspecting userbase - but I think more work is needed.  I am definitely getting the feeling that EN is not a reliable product anymore - so many annoying things happen regularly usually after an update:  the nagging thought to seek an alternative is becoming more persistent, but not something that I really want to do. 

Having said that the occasional posts that I have made here have produced some helpful responses quickly, which I am grateful for - I hope that you will do so again now.

Many thanks in anticipation

Thanks ofr your comment. 

My PC is a Dell Inspiron 3670 whichi I have upgraded to 32G RAM;  the GPU is an Intel UHD Graphics 630:  it may be getting on but EN has suddenly had this problem overnight - it was fine yesterday. 

• Level 5*
  • Solution

Try a clean reinstall - 

If Evernote is active,  sign out / don't save your data locally / use Revo Uninstaller Free (Win) or Appcleaner (Mac) to uninstall the app.  

Power off and back on,  then re-download and reinstall from Evernote.com and leave Evernote running to rebuild the local data.  

New installs are typically a little slow - things get better after a day or so.

• Like 2

Thank you for this - seems good but I could not see how to not save my data locally but hope that is OK.   (I already have revo 2.4.5 on my PC so have run it - after best part of an hour it is still showing the attached (but I see that Everrnote is no longer in my list of apps so assuming that it is still scanning for keftover files etc or has it died? )

PS just to add that EN 99.3 is running fine on my Win 11 laptop so assume that the issue is down to my PC. 

Thanks for your ongoing help.

2024-08-03_Revo_2_4_5.docx

• Like 1
4 hours ago, alainfromepsom said:

Thank you for this - seems good but I could not see how to not save my data locally but hope that is OK.   (I already have revo 2.4.5 on my PC so have run it - after best part of an hour it is still showing the attached (but I see that Everrnote is no longer in my list of apps so assuming that it is still scanning for keftover files etc or has it died? )

PS just to add that EN 99.3 is running fine on my Win 11 laptop so assume that the issue is down to my PC. 

Thanks for your ongoing help.

2024-08-03_Revo_2_4_5.docx 37.72 kB · 0 downloads

I've had similar issues on every device, Android and Windows. Since the new owners run this app and the "revolution" started there are constant issues, like with no other app I've ever used. So it's 100% the app, not your computer (unless it performs a malfunction by itself) 

• Level 5
4 hours ago, alainfromepsom said:

To me it looks as if mission relevant information is already missing. If the uninstall doesn't work, install EN again, without further attempts at uninstalling.

Then restart the PC. When it's back up, use Revo again.

Should work now, since the new install refreshed the reference information.

Thank you for all your contributions.  Just to report back that I followed the Revo route which took quite a long time but did complete.  After shutdown/ restart and downloading, EN seemed to be working normally again.  Will flag $Gazumped's post as solution and have made a note for future reference.  Bit of a mystery why it happened in the first place but at least it's running properly for now 😃

Thank you again

Alain

• Like 1

Same issue, same timing.  Suddenly taking 30+ seconds to fetch a note.  Coincides with last update 10.99.3 winstore version.  Going thru the familiar reinstall... this time back to house version not winstore.

/Schooner

Update:  full Revo uninstall, fast reinstall house WinEn 10.100.1, instant fix.

• Like 1