How to format to Code Snippet?

Hi,

maybe a silly question. How can I format my text to the red code snippet. Like shown in the picture? I know code blocks is ``` but how can I get my text formated to the "red code"? Atm Iam copying snippets I have from copying somewhere and change them which is not practical.

Ty!

image.png.3075208e4165bb6205428d725a3354b0.png

• Evernote Expert

Can you tell us which version of the Evernote app and which operating system you are using?

For me, in the Windows dekstop app v10.98.3 there is a small drop down menu in the top left of the Code Block.  It defaults to AUTO which guesses at the code language being used.  You can amend that to set a choice and then the colour code will adopt what is 'normal' for that language.

There is, however, no means of creating your own format.

49 minutes ago, maxkxkx said:

How can I format my text to the red code snippet.

Are you referring to inline code like this:

image.png.5e4fe87e13cb70c1ffa6a4595ac83cb9.png

If so, you just need to surround your code with back ticks. 

image.png.1c098fed6700d9b182c7af074b1df8a3.png

• Thanks 1

Ahhh thank you guys. What I was looking for was the inline Code. The trick with the backticks worked!

Iam using the latest Version for Windows.

Strangely I still have a bug that the inline code I create the font is smaller than when I copy inline code. Even though both have the same font size and font type.

I have already reported this but no response for couple of weeks now.

See here:

image.png.2aafa8ae5f7ddfa94dbc4f837edeac98.png

Theoretically its the same size but the inline code function will change the font to monospace which is make it look smaller. If you change the text next to it to monospace it should appear the same.

There's no way to change the font in the inline code block but you can add bold, italics, underline, alignment... but not change the colour.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1