Loss of stacks structures

My other half, who uses EN on my recommendation, found half her stacks structure has disappeared, except on her phone. Attempts to recreate it on the webapp provided temporary relief but the stacks disappear again. As far as I can see the notebooks are all intact. I am about to reinstall on the phone and try again. However I note a disconcerting anomaly in the number of notes. The webapp reports 3603 notes in total. On her laptop it is 3620. The tablet has it at 3612. Her phone says 3456. This does not inspire confidence. Any advice?

I have said I expect there will continue to be problems with Evernote but that the benefits outweigh the problems which we can usually solve. We have UpNote accounts as our insurance but I would not want to lose the collaboration options etc so am trying to stay with Evernote...

Thanks. All app versions are the latest. Several stacks are showing, the notebooks from the missing ones were put at the root level.

It's odd that restoring them in the webapp did not work, perhaps after reinstalling the phone app things will be more in sync...

I have since installed EN on a new phone (which has been kept for upgrading to). On the new phone the missing stacks were where thery should be, after the data was loaded. But on her tablet, and Windows and webapp versions, they were missing. This suggests there is a commaon data set that only the phones are drawing from correctly. The webapp, which I thought was an end-resort reliable display of data, displays the structure wrongly, missing out half the stacks and showing the notebooks belonging to them as orphaned.

When time permits I may try creating new stacks and moving the displaced notebooks to them. Hoping no data is lost....

18 hours ago, laurence.glazier said:

My other half, who uses EN on my recommendation, found half her stacks structure has disappeared

I thought I had a similar problem but I was misleaded by the dark theme: I clicked on the stack name instead of the tiny low contrast arrow to expand the stack to the notebook list.   Clicking the stack name immediately returns the flat note list without stack structure.

• Level 5*

Not sure what's likely to happen if you try to 'recreate' something which does still exist,  but due to some display issue is not currently visible on some devices.  If you have a sudden loss of a content feature like stacks,  I'd recommend checking the web version first to see whether this is a local issue.  If the original content is still present on the web,  then a clean reinstall with a new download from Evernote.com is likely the best option.

• Like 2

Thanks for that, I have made some progress. I suspect this is to do with changes to the "Monolith" system (as mentioned in Vlad's latest YouTube).

What I have done is create similarly named stacks and moved the orphaned notebooks to those.

There seems to have been a synch except to the tablet which is a little old. hopefully it will sort itself out. I think the other devices and webapp are now consistent.

As for inconsistent note counts, I have seen reports in the forum from others too.