How to print all notes or an entire notebook

Hello, 

Is there an option to select all notes or an entire notebook to be printed in PDF or other form? I cant seem to be able to select all notes or to choose an entire notebook to be printed. I use deskop for evernote, not sure if that makes a difference?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Right click a Notebook name or go to the Notebooks page and click the 3-dots menu.  You should be able to export the entire content to HTML or PDF,  then print - if you wish - at your leisure...

There is no option to export when right-click on notebook or the 3-dots menu within the notebook.

How can a database company not provide for backup?

Having built a significant database as an Evernote Professional subscriber over the past several years, backup is occasionally needed and I have not backed up for a while. 

Any ideas?

• Level 5

You would have found information in the forum if you had searched instead of writing.

1) You can export any notebook from the desktop client as ENEX, HTML and PDF. Each has it’s own strength and weaknesses. For backup usually ENEX is the format of choice.

2) You can install the independent EN backup project from GitHub. Everything you need to know is well documented there. You need to use the terminal / command line and probably develop a little script if you want to run the backup automated.

3) You can simply copy the local download folder with any backup app, and store it. Recovery will be sort of difficult, so that’s not the advised option.

v 10.94.3 web 20240626134412
Editor: v178.13.1
Service: v1.115.3

Still no option to export when right-click on notebook or the 3-dots menu within the notebook.

Please help.
  • Level 5
3 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

You would have found information in the forum if you had searched instead of writing.

1) You can export any notebook from the desktop client as ENEX, HTML and PDF. Each has it’s own strength and weaknesses. For backup usually ENEX is the format of choice.

2) You can install the independent EN backup project from GitHub. Everything you need to know is well documented there. You need to use the terminal / command line and probably develop a little script if you want to run the backup automated.

3) You can simply copy the local download folder with any backup app, and store it. Recovery will be sort of difficult, so that’s not the advised option.

5 minutes ago, ***** said:
v 10.94.3 web 20240626134412
Editor: v178.13.1
Service: v1.115.3

Still no option to export when right-click on notebook or the 3-dots menu within the notebook.

Please help.

Who does read thoroughly clearly has the advantage ...

Could Win 11 be the issue?

Edition    Windows 11 Pro
Version    23H2
Installed on    ‎6/‎7/‎2023

• Level 5

No, the desktop client is installed software. It creates a local database which is used for the export.

The web client never had the ability to export a bunch of notes, same with mobile.

Your OS has nothing to do with it, as long as it meets the minimum system requirements to install EN (which Win11 obviously does).

14 hours ago, ***** said:

The desktop client is not the web?

Hello!

The "desktop client" is the app you install on your computer. Go here:

evernote.com/download

Install the app

Then you can right-click on the title or click the 3 dots.

Hope this is helpful!!

I'm happy to help.

There is nothing more frustrating than asking a simple question and getting an answer that is not only veiled in jargon but also chastizes you for asking a question.  

We all, I'm sure, appreciate those who provide support in this and other forums, but making people feel bad for asking a question is, well, rude.

And for the record, I too, searched for this same answer, and ALL I FOUND WAS THIS THREAD.  

2024-07-11_08-59-42.jpg

2024-07-11_09-01-14.jpg

• Like 1