Soft-break is gone. Since 10-something.

Maybe it's just indentation thing, easily fixed by CSS. Or maybe SHIFT+Enter doesn't work anymore.
But after some update, I can't do 'soft break' (as in this second line of paragraph)

This is new line with a "hard break" - this can't be done in EN for some reason.

BS, can you stop messing our notes with 'improvements'?..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Hi.  We're mainly other users here. For a more timely notification please send a request to feedback@evernote.com (you get a 'thankyou' response but nothing further) or raise this with Support - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new - (be patient for a response here,  and take care to reply to any boilerplate responses that you get) 

• Level 5

In fact it's not entirely gone: If in a list, a soft return will insert a new line, but without inserting it as a new list item (see red arrow):

image.png.f78a8796762e3225de672433b4e025ec.png

To me this looks like a typical blunder when they introduced the new UI. As everything developed in the last months, there is no independent (= critical) instance that will cross check before releasing.

This is annoying when talking about the UI - when it get's at functional losses and mixed up data structures, it becomes intolerable. There is no natural law that would prevent an update to ruin an accounts content.

I can just urge anybody to run frequent backups using the GitHub-tool. I do ...

• Like 3
6 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  We're mainly other users here. For a more timely notification please send a request to feedback@evernote.com (you get a 'thankyou' response but nothing further) or raise this with Support - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new - (be patient for a response here,  and take care to reply to any boilerplate responses that you get) 

It was a rhetorical question. I'm pretty sure EN doesn't care in a slightest about my issues with v10.

I still have several months of premium subscription left and after that I'm done with EN -- there's no point in paying (even higher!) price for software that becomes worse and worse each and every month.

• Level 5

Your claim it would become „worse“ is hard to prove. But anyhow, nobody will shoot the dog because you intend to jump ship.

You don’t need to search for excuses. Just grab your bag and leave.