"Error Clipping" message from IOS version Evernote

Hi,

I am getting the "error clipping" message on my EN for IOS. I sign out and then sign in and it usually works for a day or so and then same thing. I sign out then sign back in and it works for another day and no "error clipping" message. I have the most current version 10.93.0. What can I do to fix this?  Thank you...

Evernote Error Clipping message.PNG

• Level 5

It occasionally shows up on my iOS devices as well. I found that when I simply leave the website, come back and clip again, it sometimes works (and sometimes it repeats the error message). Up to now I have not found a pattern.

• 2 weeks later...

I am now seeing a pattern where just about every day I'll get the same error message. I log out then log back in and then it works. (On the iPhone and iPad.) The desktop mac version works fine. I did see a new IOS version download today perhaps that will address this bug that is happening.

• Level 5

There is NO web clipper on iOS.

What it uses is the sharing function of iOS. It can only work with a EN iOS client installed on the same device. It uses the login of that client.

On desktop WebClipper is a browser extension you need to install. It logs in itself, you don’t even need an installed client on the same computer,

My experience with the iOS clipping is that when I just repeat the clipping, it works on the second or third attempt.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the error clipping error as well on my iPad. It happened on both Safari and FireFox, and yes, I’m attempting to use the Share button. 

Just now I think I fixed the problem. I opened up Evernote and saw that it had been updated and the first screen showing was a pop up saying what had changed. I acknowledged that screen and allowed Evernote to open. Then I was able to go back to both FireFox and Safari and successfully clip. Evernote gets updated a lot, and so maybe that is the issue. It seems to be random because we go into Evernote the app at some point and clear the what’s new message, and then clipping works again until the next update. We’ll see . . .

• Like 2
  • Level 5

When I have a clipping problem in the sharing process on iOS, I now simply open the app. When I clip/share again, it goes through.

I think opening the app updates the sharing information, which in turn allows to send precisely the necessary data. Usually after an initial pairing of sharing and app, the process works again without opening the app.

Probably until the next update changes things in the data structure again.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5
On 8/14/2024 at 2:52 PM, Dan Fiore Photos said:

Clipping Error - just started 

What is the resolution?

If you would read a thread with all solutions already posted, you would know.

But you prefer not to have the courtesy to read, but blur out your opinion.

So go back to the thread, read what is posted. A workaround is there, available to be used at any time.

Grazie !

Hi all, I was thankful for the user who provided the solution (until EN sorts it out in a fix).  Basically, open the app before you clip and keep it open (I now keep it open all the time).  It works.  Antonina

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...