Backlinks are no longer two-way - errors began TODAY. Behaving like an internal link, not a two-way backlink.

New backlinks are not syncing / not working as of today.  Only occuring with new backlinks. Reddit forum has users reporting this too.

Any new backlink is not working as of today  –  two-way backlinks are suddenly broken / not displaying.  
It's suddenly only creating a one direction link, no longer two-way backlinks.

Example:
- create a new backlink (insert - note link, or @note link - test both methods).    – Go to referenced document - No backlink is visible on the referenced page.   

It's behaving as though it has inserted a copy of the internal link, instead of creating a two-way backlink.

Note 1:  This issue is only impacting newly created backlinks.   Older, pre-existing backlinks, (created before today), are still two-way and showing correctly.

Note 2: Someone else on Reddit has posted about this problem about 30 minutes ago too.   I will include their text and their screenshots below.  
Like them,  I have also tested on web, mobile devices, and yes, everything is updated to latest version on my end too.    

Note 3: - Most concerning is that creating backlinks on the web version also produces this error.   So, it isn't a syncing issue between devices.  

This issue started today.

------------------------- including reddit post with their images ---------------------------

From REDDIT person/ post:
What's going on? Backlinks not updating/ not showing today - for NEW backlinks created

I have a family member still using Evernote. As of today, any NEW backlink added to an existing or to a new document are not updating.

Backlinks created before today are still showing. What on earth?

Have refreshed multiple times. Have relaunched. All EN across all devices are updated to latest version. Have checked on the web version - no new backlinks showing on web either!

So, the backlink can be added to a document, but the referenced document is not showing the backlink section anymore! ie: it's not backlinking - it's a one-way link suddenly. (apart from older backlinks, which are still two-way).    

Screenshots -https://imgur.com/a/M62FmNp

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 1

Tested on EN web and Windows desktop. Still working for me but possibly taking a little longer than normal for the backlink to be generated.

• Level 5*

Has anyone actually bothered to contact Support?  Things still seem to be working for me - Win 11 and EN 10.92.3.  The website says the latest version is 10.93.1 - updating now.  If you're affected though,  get in touch with Support - the more requests they get,  the faster a bug will be fixed.

Edit: Yup - on 10.93.1 it took a reload to get a backlink - it might just be taking longer than I was prepared to wait.

Just tried with 10.92.3 and it took about 10 mins for the backlink to appear. The RENT project should help speed up this type of things, info a few blog posts ago.