“Error clipping” every time I try to clip

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Hi,

I am getting the “Error clipping” message every time I try to clip from Safari on my ipad. IpadOS and Evernote are both fully up to date. Do I need to delete and reinstall EN again?…. Grrr

Thank you!… I signed out and signed back in and it’s working perfectly now….       I clipped your note for my future reference too…

Chet

• 2 weeks later...

This is still a problem….  I tried the things above and it still happens on both my iPhone and IPad….  Thanks.  Am I the only person having this problem?..  And any other ideas on fixing it?….  For example sending a log file to be reviewed for some indication of what’s happening??

Posted (edited)

I still need help with this. Every day I have to log out and log back in or I get the error clipping message. Help!

Edited by C Shannon
Clarification
  • 5 weeks later...
On 7/9/2024 at 10:47 AM, C Shannon said:

I still need help with this. Every day I have to log out and log back in or I get the error clipping message. Help!

Remains an issue... reported to Evernote for as much as that's worth ($0)

• Level 5

Open the app, and keep it open in the background while you use Safari for clipping.

There is no Web Clipper on iOS. It uses the sharing between apps to clip. This works in general better when the target app is open on the device.

EN used to allow clipping without having the EN app open in the past. But it seems this is another feature that was broken while recoding parts of the app.

Thank you.. having EN app open at the same time did the trick. Also I did ask for in-house EN support and no one replied. Is that common? Are they working on fixing this?…. Thanks,   Chet

• Level 5

Usually you get a canned return email rather quick.

Getting an answer from a human, tailored to your question is an entirely different story. I’m waiting for several tickets to be answered.

Do you know what their issue is with actually answering questions? I know EN company got bought by another company. It’s just odd that they can’t seem to answer basic questions like this. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

It’s a simple question of managing support: They leave most answers to a system producing canned answers from their own help database.

And then there is a probably small staff to handle all requests that make it beyond that point.

Depending on their set of priorities, you get an answer, or you don’t. If support is understaffed, many requests will fall straight into the bin. Or will not be answered, but structured and solved with an update.

I would say: Don’t take it personal. Work around the issue if you can. In this case the workaround on iOS is to open the app before you clip.

And yes it sucks, no question there.

• 4 weeks later...

IOS Web Clipping only works if you open the app first.  You would have to do that every time you want to clip.   Takes the same time as copying the page, opening the app, pasting it into a note.

Hoping this can be fixed soon, making me very weary. 😔