Has the scratch pad disappeared in newest evernote as of 06/07/' 24

Go to solution Solved by bmcl26,

On Version 10.91.03

I Haven't been able to use or even find the scratch pad. 

Searching this forum about it hasn't produced any help

Ditto for going thru all menu options.

I hope I'm just blind and a poor search maven.

Edited by hput3
poor grammer
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Where are you looking?  It's a Home page widget...

On Desktop PC  > evernote

On opening evernote (before installing latest version ) I would see the scratch pad somewhere on the evernote application.

That does not happen now after installing version 10.91.03-win-ddl-public 

I have not found anything in menus or Preferences to start the scatchpad.

Edited by hput3
sp
12 minutes ago, hput3 said:

On Desktop PC  > evernote

On opening evernote (before installing latest version ) I would see the scratch pad somewhere on the evernote application.

That does not happen now after installing version 10.91.03-win-ddl-public 

I have not found anything in menus or Preferences to start the scatchpad.

On my version of Home Screen in 10.91.3 the Scratch Pad is still where it always has been since Home Screen was introduced, slap bang in the middle of the top row with Tasks on the Left and Calendar on the right.  Have you inadvertently changed the Customisation of your Home Screen.

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone else's home screen scroll bar is gone, but mine disappeared a while ago. If the scratch pad is lower down on the screen, I wonder if it's there but just not as easily accessible or visible. Just a thought, I have no idea if that's what's going on. The keyboard down arrows are now necessary to navigate Home.

43 minutes ago, bmcl26 said:

On my version of Home Screen in 10.91.3 the Scratch Pad is still where it always has been since Home Screen was introduced, slap bang in the middle of the top row with Tasks on the Left and Calendar on the right.  Have you inadvertently changed the Customisation of your Home Screen.

What is "Home Screen"?  All I find googling is an app for android.  

I'm running Evernote on home PC win 11, as posted.

I notice in your posted version information it is an android app.

My version info looks like:

EvernoteVersionInfo.png

• Solution

image.thumb.png.85eb858120101f930d953e97e40bc7fb.png

I did not mention anything about Android.  Here is the Home Screen on V10.91.3 on Windows 11.  Click on Customise highlighted by the arrow to set it up with the widgets you require.

18 minutes ago, thefryhole said:

I don't know if anyone else's home screen scroll bar is gone, but mine disappeared a while ago. If the scratch pad is lower down on the screen, I wonder if it's there but just not as easily accessible or visible. Just a thought, I have no idea if that's what's going on. The keyboard down arrows are now necessary to navigate Home.

I am able to scroll using the mouse wheel by clicking near the left or right edge of the Home Screen.

51 minutes ago, bmcl26 said:

image.thumb.png.85eb858120101f930d953e97e40bc7fb.png

I did not mention anything about Android.  Here is the Home Screen on V10.91.3 on Windows 11.  Click on Customise highlighted by the arrow to set it up with the

widgets you require.

The version info posted on your messages shows 'android' version.  That's what I was talking about.  See below.

[...] Service: v1.109.4, EN for Android 10.91.3(1223064) 

But still you managed to get me straightened out.   Thank you

The problem turned out to be a preferences setting that tells Evernote to start on last entry, consequently it never starts on "home" and so never shows Scratch pad.

Apparenty there is no way provided in menus to show "HOME", so I changed pref setting to start on "home" and restarted.

The scratch pad then appeared.

• Like 1

Glad you got there in the end it just so happens that on a rare occasion, both Windows and Android are on te same version number.

Windows 11 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3593), 10.91.3-win-ddl-public (20240606121101) Editor: v178.11.1 Service: v1.109.4, EN for Android 10.91.3(1223064)