Old email domain no longer exists

Go to solution Solved by rello007,

I guess recently evenote updated there software to a newer version that will not allow you to log into the client. The issue I have been having since they moved to a cloud base and updated their security its now requires for you to enter a si digit code. When I originally started Evernote my company domain was different than my email domain now. So, that means the six-digit code was sent to my old domain email account. Now all of my information is lost and from what I can see even if I tired to use an older version that was a client I can not access it because all older version do not work. And of course with no real support besides an AI generated response I can seem to get anywhere. There are no telephone number associated with Evernote so Im stopping here for help. CAN SOMEONE please help me!!

• Level 5*

Hi.  Have you tried to log in to both an installed app and the web version at Evernote.com?  Do you subscribe,  or are you a free user?  If you're not a subscriber you may have exceeded the new limits detailed here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/23565231682323-Note-and-notebook-limits-in-Evernote-Free-December-2023

The 'easy' way out of any issues is probably to subscribe,  paying monthly if you can;  you'll then be able to resolve your issues,  decide whether Evernote is worth the cost and either export your data or continue ubscribing.

8 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Have you tried to log in to both an installed app and the web version at Evernote.com?  Do you subscribe,  or are you a free user?  If you're not a subscriber you may have exceeded the new limits detailed here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/23565231682323-Note-and-notebook-limits-in-Evernote-Free-December-2023

The 'easy' way out of any issues is probably to subscribe,  paying monthly if you can;  you'll then be able to resolve your issues,  decide whether Evernote is worth the cost and either export your data or continue ubscribing.

Thank you for the response

The first time I tried logging into the account it wanted to send me a six-digit security code but again I don't have access to my old email domain account. I just tried logging into the account again now it states my password is weak. Originally the service was paid for but than we stop paying for the services so, I still had my stuff in that account using the free version. Even if I tried the paid version I cant access the account to use the paid version. I have no idea what to do at this point . The support for Evernote should be better than a generated AI model. 

1 hour ago, rello007 said:

my old domain email account

If you still own the domain you could set up the old domain along with your original email address? Might be worth the time ands investment to access your information.

9 minutes ago, buckethead said:

If you still own the domain you could set up the old domain along with your original email address? Might be worth the time ands investment to access your information.

Yes I thought about that but, I work for a huge corporation and I don't think my bosses will like that. but I might still try lol 

• Level 5

Your options here are simple: 

• Get that outdated email account going again, somehow.
  • Contact support to switch the account over to a new email address.

To correct some assumptions:

• Support is available for all users on account issues, so no need to subscribe just to get support. You first get an AI generated answer. If you insist, you will get a support clerk in the end (no, they don't make it easy). Read the answer carefully, somewhere will be a link leading further down into the support options.
  • You will need to prove you are the rightful owner of the account before they link it up with a new email address. Have this information available, like the older invoices from the time you were subscribed.
  • They send security codes, but it is not usual to send them to an email account. Security codes by SMS don't exist any more, they were linked to a phone number. The new 2FA security codes are generated by an app. Good practice is to use an app that can and will be installed on several devices. If one device dies, you can use another. In addition you get backup codes in case you loose access. These codes need to be stored safely and protected. Best practice is really to print them on paper, and file them away.
  • And finally: It was your responsibility to make sure your account information is accurate and actual. Good luck in sorting this out. Your data is save on the EN servers - safe even from yourself, for the time being.

How do you "insist" and get a support clerk? I can't seem to find the way to navigate to one.

Issue: I no longer have access to the email on file/username. When I go in to change it I get the below message (not helpful, I don't have access to the email which is why I am trying to change it!). I have submitted 3 requests over the past 2 months. No response received. 

image.png.6a494e469f4676b2cf8a45ee794aead4.png

• Solution
On 6/6/2024 at 5:32 PM, PinkElephant said:

Your options here are simple: 

• Get that outdated email account going again, somehow.
  • Contact support to switch the account over to a new email address.

To correct some assumptions:

• Support is available for all users on account issues, so no need to subscribe just to get support. You first get an AI generated answer. If you insist, you will get a support clerk in the end (no, they don't make it easy). Read the answer carefully, somewhere will be a link leading further down into the support options.
  • You will need to prove you are the rightful owner of the account before they link it up with a new email address. Have this information available, like the older invoices from the time you were subscribed.
  • They send security codes, but it is not usual to send them to an email account. Security codes by SMS don't exist any more, they were linked to a phone number. The new 2FA security codes are generated by an app. Good practice is to use an app that can and will be installed on several devices. If one device dies, you can use another. In addition you get backup codes in case you loose access. These codes need to be stored safely and protected. Best practice is really to print them on paper, and file them away.
  • And finally: It was your responsibility to make sure your account information is accurate and actual. Good luck in sorting this out. Your data is save on the EN servers - safe even from yourself, for the time being.

Thank you for responding

Just to clarify the client they used in the past no longer works is why I could not change my email to my new email address. Since the update to the cloud-based system, it will not allow me to log in because my password was not strong enough. I never had a phone number attached to my account because the original account was owned by my company. Once my company stopped paying for the service I Kept my free service account. When Evernote sent the email stating the ld client will not work after the update it was sent to the old email account so I never knew this was going to happen. If I had access to the old domain I would never have posted in this community for help

When I logged into my account the first time it let me get to two-factor authentication which again I never set up because I was using the client. After the third time I tried to log on the message changed to my password is weak and a password reset was sent to my email and I don't have access to that email. 

I finally got a real person to email me back but, it's a long process because support is in a different time zone than mine. I will post an update if they can help me resolve my issue.

Thank You 

• Level 5

This can only be solved through support. You will have to prove ownership of the account somehow.

If you are now in contact with support, you should be able to solve the access problem.

• Like 1
On 6/13/2024 at 4:02 PM, PinkElephant said:

This can only be solved through support. You will have to prove ownership of the account somehow.

If you are now in contact with support, you should be able to solve the access problem.

Thank you. I finally have access to my old account and was able to retrieve my old information