Hello,

It seems that my EN updated and all my notes with code blocks converted to colored texts and load slower

Is there a way to turn this off? I've been using code blocks to quote text, include large block of texts and to differentiate text from others. Pretty much all of my notes have been using code blocks whereas I don't code. So now it all looks like rainbow, loads slower and I honestly don't see myself being used to this new reality.

Please help

39 minutes ago, MaciejS said:

Is there a way to turn this off?

There is no overall setting but you can change each code block individually to "Plain text" which removes the highlighting. Also don't forget there is now the ability to add a "Quote" section which you might also find useful.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Mike P said:

There is no overall setting but you can change each code block individually to "Plain text" which removes the highlighting. Also don't forget there is now the ability to add a "Quote" section which you might also find useful.

I get the release note that Quote Block is up and running.  I'm looking for the simple answer on how quote blocks are toggled on and toggled off.  Not finding it easily. 

How is it done and why am finding it hard to find the simple implementation on new release features?  I don't see a link in the release notes and searching the help is pulling up threads that don't address the basic feature.   I use the "/" command for example and type to get quote started but  how to toggle off. 

13 minutes ago, Dahlsim said:

I get the release note that Quote Block is up and running.  I'm looking for the simple answer on how quote blocks are toggled on and toggled off.  Not finding it easily. 

How is it done and why am finding it hard to find the simple implementation on new release features?  I don't see a link in the release notes and searching the help is pulling up threads that don't address the basic feature.   I use the "/" command for example and type to get quote started but  how to toggle off. 

Ok, continuing to search, found a YouTube video showing its the 3 backticks to toggle on and off. 

I see that using the "/" command to search quotes implements a different format, the black line.  How is that one turned off to end the quotes? 

33 minutes ago, Dahlsim said:

I use the "/" command for example and type to get quote started but  how to toggle off. 

17 minutes ago, Dahlsim said:

Ok, continuing to search, found a YouTube video showing its the 3 backticks to toggle on and off. 

Quote blocks are completely different from code blocks. They have a simple black line on the left hand side and that is all. They are added using one of the following:

• The insert menu
  • The / menu 
  • Typing the two keys {>}{space}  (See the auto formatting options in the list of key board shorcuts)

There does seem to be an issue with ending the quote block. The easiest way seems to be to ensure you do not start your code block on the last line and then use the down arrow key to navigate out of the block. 

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5
8 hours ago, Mike P said:

There does seem to be an issue with ending the quote block. The easiest way seems to be to ensure you do not start your code block on the last line and then use the down arrow key to navigate out of the block. 

It's also possible to select text and then use Quote on the blue + button to either turn it into a quote block or turn it from quote block to regular text. Still haven't figured out what this is for, though.

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert
5 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Still haven't figured out what this is for, though.

I think it's a response to lots of requests for the ability to QUOTE text. I recall a long discussion on this awhile back. It's one of those use of if you need it otherwise ignore it features - a bit like CODE blocks ;)

• Like 3