Device home page task widget no working

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

Hi, I'm using a Galaxy S10+ running Android 12 and EN 10.88.0

I tried to install the task home screen widget so I could keep a better handle on my due tasks, but when I installed it, I get the screen in the attached screenshot. Any clues on what might be causing this, as despite the message, the phone is happily connected to the internet, so the message is quite misleading.

Cheers,

Pete

Screenshot_20240520_131722_One UI Home.jpg

• Level 5*
  • Solution

Hi all.  Please try uninstalling Evernote from your device / power off and back on / re-download latest version from the Play store and re-install.  If that fails,  your next step is to contact Support -  https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us - or behind the Settings option on your mobile. Please specify your device and Android versions.

Patience is required.

Meantime you may be able to access on Tablet or via the web client if your device has a big enough screen.

• Thanks 1
As per usual as recommended, done a complete uninstall/install still not working. Now have to wait a week or so for all of my offline notes to be synced and then wait for the solution to magically appear. Fingers crossed. 

Tried reinstalling and rebooting, it didn't work. I've downgraded to 10.87.0 and the widget works again. So it's definitely something in the recent version.

The recommended solution didn't work for me either, it still says unable to load list. Android 12 on OnePlus Nord and Android 14 on Xiaomi Pad 6; Evernote 10.88.0 on both devices

• Evernote Expert

I have the same issue. Steps t of reproduce:

1. Add the Task widget to the device desktop.

2. Widget then displays the error.

• Evernote Expert
Posted (edited)

This reported fixed in 10.89.1 which should be rolling out very soon.

EDIT 10.89.1 arrived for me and the device desktop to task widget is working again for me.

Edited by agsteele
update
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1