Evernote for Mac won't upload pdf files

Just noticed that I can't upload pdf files to the EN desktop client on Mac (latest version):

"Unable to upload

One or more attachments could not be uploaded. A copy has been saved to your local file system."

Not had this problem before. I can add the pdf file via the web (Chrome browser) and then the pdf files appear in the desktop version. I can't check whether the Safari web version works because I'm watching the spinning icons on the login page and it won't let me in! Chrome seems fine, but slow.

Audio files seem to upload fine.

I'm able to view the pdf files via Adobe Acrobat Reader on my Mac.

Any help gratefully accepted.

Alan

• Level 5

About which upload are you talking ?

Web Clipper ? Add an attachment? Drag&Drop ? Import Folder ? 

If web clipper, by the green button on a pdf or by the full clipping function ?

With Safari I think a security/privay setting is the problem. Are popups allowed for EN ?

There are many ways to upload, and you don’t specify it.

This is odd. I've just tried a test drag and drop upload to Mac desktop and it now works!

Not sure what's going on but it's working.

Thanks.

Alan

• Level 5

OK, good that it works now.

An alternative could be to D&D a file on an Import Folder linked to a notebook. Not as precise in choosing the target location.

• Level 5

Works for me, no issues. Both upload by + menu and D&D from Finder.

EN 10.88.4, MacOS 14.4.1.

Check in MacOS settings, Privacy & Security if EN is allowed Full Disk Access.

It works for me using the Evernote executable from their website, not the App Store (in case it matters).  I assume PDF file was in file system not email when dragging and dropping.

Even reinstall from the website didn't work. And I didn't use the App Store version anyways. The files are on the desktop, but before the update even drag and drop from an email worked. For the moment it works with the web version so I just wait for the next update. It's so annoying to experience problem after problem.

I’m still having occasional issues adding pdf files. Sometimes drag and drop works, sometimes it doesn’t. 
Even logging in to Evernote on the web takes an age and I go round in circles. Frustrating.

• Level 5

Never had this problem, and @Dave Green yes, works right from EMail as well. From EMail I learned it sometimes helps do pick the file up, move it a little and then pause briefly, before dragging it further. Maybe it loads the „real“ file in that moment. I use Apple Mail.

Just to chime in:

At the moment I cannot add pdf files to a note in any possible way on desktop 10.87.6 Win 10 or in webbrowser (Firefox)
First time I have this issue. It always gives me the message of a failed upload und a stored copy in a local folder.

Firsthand I tried to copy a note with a pdf and an audio attachement to another notebook.
Then I tried to add the attachements in a second step to no avail.
I tried the same with the closed desktop app (completely closed, not only minimized to taskbar).
Again no success. Gonna try again tomorrow.

I'm having the same problem on Evernote on my Mac. I create a note by dragging a pdf onto Evernote and I get the error as the note gets created. If I then look at the note on web Evernote there is the stub of an attachment but it doesn't open.

On 5/26/2024 at 4:42 AM, beirne said:

I'm having the same problem on Evernote on my Mac. I create a note by dragging a pdf onto Evernote and I get the error as the note gets created. If I then look at the note on web Evernote there is the stub of an attachment but it doesn't open.

I had the same issue until I made sure "Show all filename extensions" is turned on in finder [Mac OS 14] + Windows 11 [Equivalent of show file extension]

I've dragged .pdf all day to both Evernote Mac and Windows without issue. Im running Evernote v10.89.2

Ice