funny

I just typed "evernote forum" into google to post a message to the community about weird notepad behavior, and the search engine immediately showed my query among recent Evernote searches. 

wtf?

image.png.6d310c3fcc29e9597b5be36d7553f19b.png

10 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

Lol it doesn't. Maybe there is a keylogger on your machine.

I've been thinking about it. But I have almost no software, I don't download anything from the net, I don't put extensions on chrome. And I'm generally careful about data security. Searching for bugs didn't turn up anything. And this whole thing literally just started with the latest Evernote update. 

Then it's likely user error. Searching for something in your browser is not going to show up in your Evernote search history without something else going on.

It simply does not work that way.

Uh, okay.

I just opened chrome on a second computer (not connected to the first by a shared network) to see what is written about specialized anti-keyloggers and here in the web version of Evernote my google searches showed up. Preliminarily showing a message that Evernote has been updated to the latest version. 

I'm trying to be objective.

image.png.61ce50d2648e3a4dd60886e2298d3bf2.png

That is for sure new, but this happens as i saw when you have Similar suggestions included with Evernote in Google search

CleanShot2024-05-10at23_59_30.png.b0ba3b011d8cea29fab2a82249f155d9.png

Then you see also some of the things you searched in Google search in evernote search.

• Level 5

I don’t see any relevance when YOUR Google searches show up in YOUR EN account. It stays „in the family“ of YOUR services.

It would be something else if MY Google searches would show up in YOUR account. But since I don’t use Google for search (and try to avoid it elsewhere as well) the chances for this to happen are practically zero. Which lets me sleep sweet and tight, thank you.

8 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

I don’t see any relevance when YOUR Google searches show up in YOUR EN account. It stays „in the family“ of YOUR services.

It would be something else if MY Google searches would show up in YOUR account. But since I don’t use Google for search (and try to avoid it elsewhere as well) the chances for this to happen are practically zero. Which lets me sleep sweet and tight, thank you.

Nevertheless it is, you get in EN search only results from Google search when EN Similar results box was shown in right corner of Google search. Other searches you don't see in EN search box.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Frki2 said:

Nevertheless it is, you get in EN search only results from Google search when EN Similar results box was shown in right corner of Google search. Other searches you don't see in EN search box.

Yup that's it. See below:

image.thumb.png.8df7fc5283cc88dc2b3a840519c316b6.png

You are using a spyware search engine, that's what happens!!

I believe it has something to do with the webclipper as well as Google generally being spyware! This is exactly why I use Vivaldi and pay for Kagi Search which I cannot recommend enough. It's worth the money, not just for privacy but because the search results are way better than anything free.

Regardless shut this off in Webclipper settings, or don't use a spyware search engine.

image.thumb.png.d448b43cc6aadf06e7f3d6bb5eac4e88.png

• Like 2