you don't have access to this note

I have various links in my notebooks to other notes and when I click on them, I get a strange message: "you don't have access to this note".

That makes no sense. I am the owner of all the notes and do not share with others, so who does have acess to my note and where is it now?

It also does not show up in searches. I know I did not delete it.

• Sad 1

I have a note in my "shared with me" folder that can't be opened nor removed. (Shared from another account, where the original note has been deleted a long time ago). Very annoying.

12 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Yes, these orphaned notes are very annoying.

I just noticed that the shared note you linked in the Scansnap thread appeared greyed out in my shared-with-me notebook and is not accessible in any way, same as all other notes that have been shared with me. 
These notes have not been deleted by their respective owners yet, so should not be orphaned.

• Level 5

No, the share I posted last is still active. The first link didn’t work,  no idea why.

To orphan a link the base note must be deleted, without removing the sharing first. When the sharing was removed before deleting the note it will not be orphaned.

8 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

No, the share I posted last is still active.

I know, I can open it in a browser. But it has the option to open it in V10 as a shared note. It shows in ‚shared with me‘ but is greyed out and can‘t be opened.