Entire site is zoomed in and I can’t restore

Go to solution Solved by Dave Green,

I need new reading glasses, so I used the Opt-->Cmd-->+ (plus sign) shortcut to increase the note size several times. (This is a Mac shortcut.) Now, the home page is in what looks like a 6-point typeface. I cannot read it without using the same shortcut. I've been using the web version since I sent a note to the powers that be, but I've given up on an answer. 

Can anyone here help?  

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 5.34.57 PM.png

• Level 5

This looks like a pretty fine screen resolution.

I would increase the size by lowering screen resolution. The Mac will use the screens abilities to show everything with full details, but enlarge the presentation.

Go to the Macs system settings, Displays. Probably 1920x1080 is a good starting point.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Sadly, it didn’t work. I increased the resolution to 1280x832, the next size up. Nothing changed. I selected the last option, 1024x66, and was warned that this would not allow the entire page to be displayed.

• Level 5

Weird. These are relative sizes depending on the screen resolution. It's on my 4k display, driven by my MacBook Pro. When I change the display resolution, relative sizes are following the setting. The smaller the values get, the larger is the display size. 1.600 equals 20cm from the symbol to the period, 2.560 13cm, 3.840 8cm. As described the quality of the screen content is not altered, just the size.

image.jpeg.a0d615d5a4e9a46390696d70e6e010e1.jpeg

image.jpeg.91ee3e17aca805a2c8ab9556c1a8b29d.jpeg

image.jpeg.076987ec415868fcdf59f626e9ff9950.jpeg

I have a Macbook Air 2022 with the M chip. Perhaps that is the difference in screen resolution. 

And while I have everyone's attention, what happened to the shortcuts that were on the home page? 

In my experience, computer things where there shouldn't be a difference usually are. 😉

Thanks for your persistence with this issue. I am going to delete my Mac-based Evernote account. Hopefully, when I download the app again, it will be fixed. (Or is this just wishful  thinking?)

Command + 0 is the solution. I'm entering this with my face split by a huge smile. 

Thank you SO very much!

BTW--is there a better way to increase font size? I will use your suggestion to return it to normal

• Like 1
  • Level 5

If cmd - 0 solves you problem, you had zoomed in / out. cmd - 0 resets the zoom factor to 100%

This means you had altered it before - maybe without noticing.

18 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

If cmd - 0 solves you problem, you had zoomed in / out. cmd - 0 resets the zoom factor to 100%

This means you had altered it before - maybe without noticing.

I think the problem is that cmd + only zoomed the note in Legacy, whereas it now zooms whole desktop which does not make any sense whatsoever.

I know it's a pain to go all the way back to the original post in which I say,  "I used the Opt-->Cmd-->+ (plus sign) shortcut to increase the note size several times. (This is a Mac shortcut)."

2 hours ago, karmajinpa said:

I know it's a pain to go all the way back to the original post in which I say,  "I used the Opt-->Cmd-->+ (plus sign) shortcut to increase the note size several times. (This is a Mac shortcut)."

That's how I read you and that is what I am doing. The note size increases but when I try to go back to the original size the whole V10-desktop gets smaller and becomes unreadable.  Sorry if I misunderstood anything.

I'm sorry you are apparently having the same issue. If you go to your Evernote home page and look at the bottom of the screen, you will see a typewriter. Click on it, and you will see all the shortcuts used in Evernote. Way down on the list is a black bar with View in it. If it's not expanded, click on the triangle. You'll see options to zoom in and out, etc. 

Hope this helps. Apologies for sounding testy in my reply. It wasn't meant that way. 

33 minutes ago, karmajinpa said:

Apologies for sounding testy in my reply. It wasn't meant that way. 

No offence taken.

I haven't used these shortcuts for some time since they didn't work as they should.
Now I just tested again and cmd + doesn't have an effect at all, neither within a note nor outside of it.

cmd - on the other hand makes everything including the desktop too small. So again not usable at all. 

Fortunately cmd 0 resets to the former size (which didn't work when I tested it some time ago). 

I'm loosing hope this mess of an app will get straightened out in any reasonable time (10.88.4-mac).

• Level 5

Cmd - + never was a valid keyboard shortcut for „zooming in“ in EN v10.

One look into the shortcuts help would have shown the correct shortcut. For „.zooming in“ it’s cmd-= .

Fun fact: It has never worked on my German keyboard. There the equal - sign is behind the „0“, which makes the cmd - = be the combination cmd-shift-0 . And this doesn’t have any effect on the zoom factor. Cmd- - (minus) and cmd-0 are working.