Images are not loading

Go to solution Solved by asolyakov,

I tried to open a few pages I was working with yesterday and see the spinning wheel of death. It would not be such a problem if most of my notes were not screenshots. Very frustrating!

I have tried several times to reload the page without success. The same thing happens on my Android, so I believe this is a general problem not just for web clients.

image.png.1ff8dbad3a2149d66f4632b5f0135005.png

Here is an update on this problem. I did a little research and found out:

• Notes that were created recently (yesterday) have this problem.
  • Notes that were created previously open normally.

Yesterday I copied part of a new note (created yesterday) and pasted it into an old note (created months ago). The old note opens without any problems, except for the pasted fragment where the images cannot be loaded.

How can I get support in this problem? This is clearly an error. The images in new notes (and parts of new notes inserted into old notes) are not loading. I have tried a Mac client, a web client (with different browsers) and an Android app - all with the same result.

This has been happening for a while now. There are a couple other threads somewhere, they might show up through a search for "spinning circles" or similar.

Whatever those spinning circles are supposed to be (images, text, whatever), be sure you have them saved somewhere else, because if my experience is any indication, the content represented by the spinning circles is gone from that note and your only option to recover the original content is to find it elsewhere. Best of luck!

• Solution

the content represented by the spinning circles is gone from that note and your only option to recover the original content is to find it elsewhere.

I wonder what the point is of a note taking app that loses the contents of the notes.

Now every time I use this app I am afraid I will lose my valuable data.

This forum is hosted by the Evernote team, I came in with a legitimate problem and received no official support, not even an “we're sorry” or any kind of action from their side.

My next notebook will be stored somewhere else, goodbye Evernote!

1 hour ago, asolyakov said:

This forum is hosted by the Evernote team, I came in with a legitimate problem and received no official support, not even an “we're sorry” or any kind of action from their side.

This is a user community. Have you submitted a support request at all?

The issue you describe is not something I've seen myself so there maybe something that needs resetting on the Evernote side. Support should help.

issue has been solved post 10.87.5 update

On 5/7/2024 at 12:47 PM, asolyakov said:

I wonder what the point is of a note taking app that loses the contents of the notes.

Now every time I use this app I am afraid I will lose my valuable data.

My next notebook will be stored somewhere else, goodbye Evernote!