NEW INTERFACE: WHY ???

But why are you doing this??? I have been a user of EVERNOTE since 2011, I have nearly 10,000 notes, and the home page with its widgets certainly perhaps brought a little difficulty of use for those not used to it, but it allowed you to personalize the homepage ! I could thus personalize access to the content I use most in one click!

What is your goal???

Attract new users? To generate even more subscribers and even more money?

To the detriment of those who have always been there?

“Most people want to create content quickly. Those who mainly want to access already created content are in the minority and therefore less important: this is THE message I take away from your video. It’s appalling to hear that!

However, I have the feeling that those who use Evernote with a focus on repeatedly creating new content do NOT KNOW how to use Evernote.

The main strength of Evernote is precisely its ability to create PROGRESSIVE NOTES, which can be found ever more quickly thanks to notebooks, labels, linked notes, and widgets!

I very regularly use notes that I created for the first time 5, 6 and sometimes even 10 years ago!

CONSTANTLY CREATING NEW CONTENT cultivates the laziness of taking the time to organize your notes to find them more easily, the laziness of searching for already existing and similar content. Yet that’s how memory works! The multiplication of neuronal interconnections in areas of the brain dedicated to memory makes it possible to consolidate older memories, making them more easily accessible by linking them to more recent memories!

CONSTANTLY CREATING NEW CONTENT creates redundancies in notes which sometimes increase confusion in memory, and this is the best way to never find anything again. This kills the very essence of Evernote which is to use this application as A SECOND BRAIN to access the recesses of your memory!

By prioritizing the creation of new content quickly, you are contributing to the loss of the strength of your application and you are not “educating” your users in the right way.

Learning to use Evernote as a second brain is an art. At the beginning, I didn't know how to do it, I didn't even imagine everything that could be done with it. My needs were basic, like your new interface. Over the years, my whole way of memorizing things in my own head has evolved, and it's EVERNOTE that has allowed me to do this. A beginner Evernote user probably needs an easy application to get started, but they may be lucky enough to develop their memorization skills and requirements, and that's what they'll need. more complexity in customizing its interface. You should value that.

You replace the Hamburger menu with a basic bar at the bottom, “much more modern.” But how can you allow yourself to judge this on your own?

Personally this bar is of no use to me.

- I don't use Shortcuts, this old function has always been very poorly done. The Favorite Notes Widget, adjustable with label filters, is much more relevant

- I don't use stains

- And even less the calendar. It is certainly very good but I am not an EVERNOTE PRO user, and on a daily basis I entrust my calendar to a dedicated application: GOOGLE AGENDA.

WHY DON’T YOU LEAVE THE CHOICE OF THE ELEMENTS THAT CAN BE INSERTED IN THE BOTTOM BAR?

1. A DEFAULT menu for newcomers, so it has the easy and intuitive interface you imagine.

2. A CUSTOMIZABLE menu including quick access to this superb Widgets home screen, for older users who are used to it!

When you use Evernote every day, every hour, it's unbearable to waste time with this type of major interface modification!

Thank you in advance for providing more direct access to the home menu / widget 🙏🏼

Also, I would like to be part of your beta tester, is this possible?

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah it feels like Bending Spoon tries to do something new regardless if its better or worse than before. I like the OLD interface look for one. It had a nice way of separation of certain areas, even the note and task list was easier to read. Now its just a noise with everything in one plain color with no separation of what is what. Bending Spoon, pls make it selectable which kind of interface the user whant to go with (classic/new). Your use base it too huge to just give them one.

And agree with the post: Evernote, and all other kind of note taking apps are for accessing notes easily (regardless of the name of the app type). Capturing is great, accessing is greater!