Recurring tasks not updating

Does anyone else have any recurring tasks that after you check them off as complete they go away only to return in the overdue section? This is not all recurring tasks at all for me. In fact it’s just a few here but it’s just about everyday. In the note where the task lives it’s updated correctly but in the task view it’s shown as overdue. 

• Like 1

Mmm... I think I had this. Not 100% sure. I though I was confused. I'll keep a keen eye on this and try to check out which tasks/frequency/why/when/reproduction...

6 hours ago, BruceT said:

Does anyone else have any recurring tasks that after you check them off as complete they go away only to return in the overdue section? This is not all recurring tasks at all for me. In fact it’s just a few here but it’s just about everyday. In the note where the task lives it’s updated correctly but in the task view it’s shown as overdue. 

For me the most unreliable tasks are those which repeat a certain time after completion. I now tend to avoid using these.

• Like 1

I also encountered this problem on the web version today, but it was more serious.
Periodic tasks disappear directly in notes
Can't search on the task page either
The strange thing is that the computer version works fine
This error is very exaggerated
Will cause users to miss important tasks
Fortunately, my task will be copied to Google Tasks

🫠

螢幕擷取畫面 2024-05-04 155228.png

7 hours ago, BruceT said:

Known issue. I'd submitted it several months ago.

There's a problem in how task completion and task recurrence is being synced across devices. Especially if your recurrence is based off "Recurrence: Repeat After Completion", you'll see a task with different recurrence dates and completion statuses on different devices.

If you really wanna continue using Evernote tasks, avoid recurring tasks.

image.thumb.png.de1e9df005a208abc763cb02a73d05b2.png

• Sad 2
2 hours ago, anfang said:

Known issue. I'd submitted it several months ago.

There's a problem in how task completion and task recurrence is being synced across devices. Especially if your recurrence is based off "Recurrence: Repeat After Completion", you'll see a task with different recurrence dates and completion statuses on different devices.

If you really wanna continue using Evernote tasks, avoid recurring tasks.

image.thumb.png.de1e9df005a208abc763cb02a73d05b2.png

Have you only seen this on tasks that repeat a certain period after completion or have you seen it on recurring tasks on a fixed schedule as well? 
Also just curious, do you still use EN tasks?

25 minutes ago, Spark594 said:

When i have problems with repeating tasks, it often helps, when I move them into a different note.

Good to know. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Spark594 said:

When i have problems with repeating tasks, it often helps, when I move them into a different note.

Nice trick.

The other thing I sometimes  find helpful is deleting the due date and then putting it in again.

• Level 5*

I had this quite frequently in the past when RTE was first implemented but not in recent memory.  I thought it had been solved but will watch for it again.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, BruceT said:

Have you only seen this on tasks that repeat a certain period after completion or have you seen it on recurring tasks on a fixed schedule as well? 
Also just curious, do you still use EN tasks?

I saw the problem on both types of notes, but it was a lot more apparent and common when I used 'repeat after completion'. It could be observer's bias (or whatever it's called) because an incorrect recurrence date was a lot more obvious to notice and a lot harder for me to fix. Whereas a mis-synced fixed schedule task, I'd just re-toggle it again and it'd be alright.

And I've not used EN tasks since then - because I kept seeing similar issues in the forums 😅. Maybe when the issues die down, I'll reconsider.

15 hours ago, BruceT said:

It's not happening with my Recurring Tasks. They are all syncing properly between devices with the same Date/Time.  I will keep monitoring this.

• Like 1

It's amazing
Just now, 7 tasks disappeared, and now 3 appear
Maybe if I wake up after some sleep, all my tasks will come back to me

Maybe the server added new features and caused the error 😂

螢幕擷取畫面 2024-05-05 011544.png

I still occasionally have this issue. I think the new metadata sync project will hopefully be the answer since a task being completed or not is really just a 1 or 0 stored in the tasks metadata and that doesn't seem to sync properly.

• Like 4
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, mackid1993 said:

I still occasionally have this issue. I think the new metadata sync project will hopefully be the answer

I hope so as well.  It would be nice to hear an update on the RENT project.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, s2sailor said:

I hope so as well.  It would be nice to hear an update on the RENT project.

One was shared in the March video. It's in progress from what Federico said. He also indicated that the team is working on 1 major project a lot of small ones. I'd imagine RENT is the major one.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
3 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

One was shared in the March video.

Yes, I saw that one and am hoping to see it released soon.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, s2sailor said:

Yes, I saw that one and am hoping to see it released soon.

I'd rather let it bake and get released when it's ready rather than them rush it and cause bugs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
13 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

I'd rather let it bake and get released when it's ready rather than them rush it and cause bugs.

Why should they start now? 😁

• Haha 1